Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

Hello! I want to buy the same belts crow 11152, I wanted to know opinion,is it worth ordering the optionwith sewn-in nylon pillows? Or will tactility with pillows decrease?

I did not get the pillows.

I just looked and it looks like Crow changed the product so that the anchors don't just slide off like the one I got.

I tried rally pads below and felt that I lost too much feeling, so I removed them.
seatbeltPads_6759.jpg

Last edited:
Подушки мне не подошли.

Я только что посмотрел, и похоже, что Кроу изменил продукт, чтобы якоря не соскальзывали, как у меня.

Я попробовал раллийные колодки ниже и почувствовал, что потерял слишком много чувствительности, поэтому удалил их.
View attachment 606169

Подушки мне не подошли.

Я только что рассмотрел, и вероятно, что Кроу изменил продукт, чтобы якоря не соскальзывали, как у меня.

Я попробовал раллийные колодки ниже и ювелирные изделия, которые потеряли слишком много чувствительности, поэтому их удалили.
View attachment 606169
так можно смело buy ворона 11152 в стандартной комплектации? Или вы можете предложить мне бескомпромиссный вариант?

Last edited:
This is how everything bolted up.

The mount for it is about 4.5 hours of 3D printing away. Probably be first thing in the AM before I can get it setup.

View attachment 602638
I have been struggling a bit with my flight ergonomics. I see these types of extensions mainly used with choppers but how do you find it with fixed wing? I mainly fly warbirds which I think would benefit from an extension but unsure if I should go for a straight or a gooseneck one...

I have been struggling a bit with my flight ergonomics. I see these types of extensions mainly used with choppers but how do you find it with fixed wing? I mainly fly warbirds which I think would benefit from an extension but unsure if I should go for a straight or a gooseneck one...

I think the shape depends heavily on your seat. Many flight seats have a wide indentation to allow a straight stick to work. A gooseneck helps goes around the seat.

I would have reversed the Z extension orientation to the bent extension pipe if I had room. That would better center my stick over the base pivot.

A longer stick will give you more precision no matter what you are flying. Whether that will matter to you depends on your skill. For some space games, the extra precision would be wasted or even be an impedance. So I would have to give the long flight stick upgrade a great big YMMV.

I was time to retune my DSP curves after rotating my front and rear BK/TST pairs out of the sound card so the rear pair mapped to stereo for SSA. The had left the BK and TST rotated. The results are excellent. I have near parity between the front and rear now with my NX4-6000 amp levels at noon for all transducers, but with the front BK at 1 o'clock. I should have done this a while back after I completed my fully suspended pedal deck.

This morning I dialed in Dirt Rally 2.0 again for G-Gelt after losing my settings, remapped SimHub channels and adjusted effect volumes after the DSP tuning and continued tweaking the D-Box settings across various terrains.

I do feel more connected in Dirt Rally. Not quite as good as RBR, but better connected then I've ever felt in Dirt Rally. I was dropping about 10 seconds off each stage this morning. I feel more in control of my slides now. It may be a combination of how my new Ultimate pedals are agreeing with me and the better inputs from the D-Box.

I'm still working on getting the wheel slide effect working well in Dirt Rally. I think it is generally weaker than on the track for both D-Box haptics and SimHub. I think I'll need to adjust when it kicks in better. I only noticed the Haptic wheel slide on ice in Monaco so far.

One thing interesting about the D-Box is that the configuration screens are different between titles. So iRacing, ACC and Dirt Rally all have somewhat different sliders. I assume that is because of the differences in telemetry between them.

Having a fun morning using rather than working on my rig.

Last edited:
I think the shape depends heavily on your seat. Many flight seats have a wide indentation to allow a straight stick to work. A gooseneck helps goes around the seat.

I would have reversed the Z extension orientation to the bent extension pipe if I had room. That would better center my stick over the base pivot.

A longer stick will give you more precision no matter what you are flying. Whether that will matter to you depends on your skill. For some space games, the extra precision would be wasted or even be an impedance. So I would have to give the long flight stick upgrade a great big YMMV.
Thanks for the explanation :) since I've got a sparco race seat without indentation, the gooseneck might be worth looking into - though having next to no skill it would be better to keep the short stick so I could blame that :D

Last edited:
Now that my rig is complete, I've been dialing things in. Today I was in the F18.

I set my Throttle detents where the afterburner kicks in. ( Where else do you normally set detents? I've got 4 individual detents, 2 per side) I'm not sure what they are all for.

I set a button on my button box to show and hide the pilot, and another to center my view ( for some reason I can't get that to work). I also set the Eject button which is a large red mushroom button that I use to Pit stop or recover in driving games. Still trying to figure out what input the ESC key is mapped to that brings up the menu?

The motion with the NLRv3 seat mover is excellent in DCS and I'm very happy with it.

Today I started working on the tactile effects that the NLRv3 software supports. The Buttkicker Concert mounted to my seat was great for the gun effect on the F-18. It felt like the gun spun up and then took a bit to spin back down. It also has an engine rpm feature and has effects if my plane is hit. Nothing like a 3.5lb transducer piston running about 16.5Hz to shake things up a bit
1f642.png
I definitely had the feeling like that gun packed a Wallop.

I did have one weird thing happen today. I tried out the Eject Button I hit it three times and I was launched out of the F18 and was floating down in a parachute. The seat mover tilted me way forward for the descent. I also could feel the plane crash from the seat transducer.

However after a little parachute ride the NLRv3 got stuck in that very tilted forward mode. I got out of DCS all the way and that didn't fix it, so I rebooted the computer and it worked fine again. I guess I'll report that issue to the Next Level Racing folks.

View attachment 472986

View attachment 473179
Where did you get your caster wheels?

- though having next to no skill it would be better to keep the short stick so I could blame that :D
By that logic, maybe you should use a game controller ;)

FWIW I did recalibrate the full range of motion of my stick to better match the stick motion in game and to be more realistic for flight.

Of course if you are using your HOTAS for a mech warrior or space ship, all this goes out the window. Eve Valkyrie was designed for a game controller and using a HOTAS with it was actually a deficit. Likewise, SW Squadrons is probably better with a game controller.

By that logic, maybe you should use a game controller ;)

FWIW I did recalibrate the full range of motion of my stick to better match the stick motion in game and to be more realistic for flight.

Of course if you are using your HOTAS for a mech warrior or space ship, all this goes out the window. Eve Valkyrie was designed for a game controller and using a HOTAS with it was actually a deficit. Likewise, SW Squadrons is probably better with a game controller.
True that :D

Pretty much only things I use hotas for are dcs and il2 so in that sense it wouldn't hinder my use to get the extension

This week I'm going to "try" to relax while I wait....

The Slaw RH Rotor pedals should ship at the end of the week, so I may see them this weekend or early next week and then fabricate a new way to mount them. The design will return to drop in pedals again. They are taller and wouldn't fit under the driving pedal deck. They are solid metal construction and weigh about 18lbs, so with mount it will probably total over 20-23lbs. They have a very different movement mechanism, and I'm not going to try to design anything until they are here and can be positioned on my rig and feel comfortable. I have many ideas on how to mount them, but don't know what will work best yet.

As heavy as my inverted pedal deck solution is, removing the flight pedals is probably a good thing for motion in general.

I am looking forward to feeling how the Slaw pedals operate. Their reviews indicate that they will feel very smooth with padded end stops. I'm curious if the springs are noticeable like they are on the Crosswinds. The Slaw damper mount looks much more solid. The Crosswinds introduce a little bit of slop with the damper.

The 4090 will go on sale on Wednesday, but I want to wait to read the reviews and see the benchmarks on the different cards before considering anything. There doesn't appear to be a projected shortage of cards, so no rush. The 4090 has already proven it can take considerable overclocking, but at the cost of pulling lots of power requiring piles of cooling. A base card may actually make sense from a power standpoint.

On top of that, I won't know what it can do for me until I actually get it. I don't expect it to be night and day without a more powerful headset.

Да, ты можешь.

Я был неправ. У него все еще есть съемные анкеры, которые хорошо работают с G-Belt.
View attachment 606222
Здравствуйте! Немогу купить ремни crow 11154 так как в Summit они появятся в конце этого месяца(. Эти ремни есть в наличию в магазине PITSTOP USA , но я не могу их приобрести так как я гражданин Казахстана, то есть адресс выставления счета должен совпадать с адресом доставки. Могли бы вы мне помочь приобрести ремни на сайте pitstop и указать доставку в штат Делавер? Я отправил бы вам деньги на PayPal с вознограждением)?

Здравствуйте! Не могу купить ремни crow 11154 так как в Summit они появятся в конце этого месяца(. Эти ремни есть в наличии в магазине PITSTOP USA , но я не могу их приобрести так как гражданин Казахстана, то есть адрес выставления счета должен совпадать с адресом доставки. Могли бы вы мне помочь приобрести ремни на сайте pitstop и указать доставку в штат?
Hello! I can't buy crow 11154 straps as they will be available at Summit later this month(. These straps are in stock at PITSTOP USA but I can't purchase them as I am a citizen of Kazakhstan, so the billing address must match the shipping address. Can you help me purchase belts from pitstop and list shipping to Delaware (I'll send you PayPal with a reward)?

Been in the mountains with my wife hiking for a the last 4 days :)
1665673454306.png

Saw this when I got home.

I think I understand why he shortened the device name to Slaw.
I imagine he's seen as many or more misspellings of his name on mailing lists as I have.

1665673508352.png

I ordered the new Virpil CM3 base with adjustable drag. I think that will work really well for helicopter use. Almost pulled the trigger on a 4090, but I promised myself to wait a week before making a decision on that.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea