Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

My first look at the HE Ultimate+ pedals for inverted use was interesting.

They are designed to bolt directly to a piece of 40x160 or 40x200 in terms of slot alignment.
I have a piece of 40x40 bolted to a piece of 40x120 in this picture, which is how I was thinking of handling this initially.

The Ultimate+ USB box has holes that don't match 40 series profile, so I'll probably 3D print something with threaded inserts matching it's hole pattern that bolts to the back of the pedal deck support.

InvertedUltimates_8223.jpg

Below you can see the clutch pedal is moved back and then tilted further forward. This is so the ball of my foot doesn't bend backwards like it would if the clutch were even with the brake pedal. Getting the clutch pedal to feel comfortable is one of the biggest challenges with inverted pedals. They feel horrible lined up with the brake pedal.

Once feature the Ultimate+ pedal clutch has that the Sprints do not is adjustable clutch travel which I may shorten.

I'll need to build an aluminum block in back to support the rear of the pedal. I'll probably just thread the aluminum block since it will only be under compression and I'm not worried about pulling the bolts through it. But I will be able to slide this back and forth some to adjust it.

ClutchAdjustment_8224.jpg

I've already got a very flexible solution for the throttle pedal. I just need to build a new mount plate for my existing solution.

I'll need to bolt it all in place and make sure that it works well before I built plates for it. I also need to order some beveled M6 bolts.

I'm going to steal your handbrake mount idea and hopefully work it into my own build. It's been missing ever since I replaced my HE Shifter with the Simworx one which is significantly larger and it rendered my previous handbrake mount unusable. Hopefully I can get it back on the rig in some form. With a monitor now instead of just using VR the space is even more limited.

No it has not :(

I have high hopes receiving it next week, since the distributor was expecting a shipment yesterday.
Finger crossed! Looking forward to seeing how that goes!

Throttle pedal plate to fit on my current mechanism. Will print this right after the Smart Control mount is done in about an hour. M6x20 Bevel head bolts will be here Saturday.

1653601302042.png

Last edited:
I've just gotten the Ultimates in place on my rig.

I'm running fully STOCK setting for now and will leave it that way over the memorial Day weekend.

The first thing I notice without being in game is that I can hear the dampers.

I think the clutch feels a bit more fluid than the Sprint's. I'll likely shorten the travel just a bit, but I like how it feels a bit better OOB.

The stock brake cushions have less travel than the stock Sprint cushions.

I can feel the dampers on the clutch and the throttle. I can't feel the damper on the brake. There really is not much brake travel to take advantage of a damper.

Unlike some reports I've watched at least out of the box I don't have any side to side play in my pedals.

I haven't tried them in game yet. I have a new Smart Control mount printing that will be done in about half an hour, so I'll try them out after that.

I do like how they look.

I haven't built the sliding plate yet and I'm currently running the throttle on a PLA plate, but I'm going to reinforce it with some corner braces. Next week I'll build the aluminum plates. So I guess I'll be in Rally this weekend !

InitialSetup_8229.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to hold my excitement in. I'm liking these pedals a lot. They are definitely keepers. I'm a bit surprised, actually quite a bit surprised. So much better in game than I thought they would be just pushing on them in my seat.

Still not suggesting they will make me any faster, but I'm enjoying how they feel.

I was hoping I would like the feeling of the hydraulic dampers. I do.
I was hoping I would feel the progressive cushions and it feels like they are loading up in a way that feels easier to modulate. ( HE will be releasing new progressive rubbers for the Sprints. Newer pedal sets come with them.)
I was concerned about the brake not moving enough for my taste and I thought that concern was likely after pressing the pedals while in my seat. However in game the stock cushions as they came out of the box are excellent. I think I'll just recalibrate to them the way they came.

I did slightly reduce the clutch travel. It felt like I was over extending just a bit. I "might" do that with the throttle too, but I may just get used to it. With inverted pedals I don't have the heal drag issues I had with the pedals upright, so maybe a bit longer travel is a good thing.

I think the only thing that I think could actually help lap times might be the progressive cushions. So if you have a set of Sprints and they work like the cushions on my Ultimates, I would recommend that upgrade.

Last edited:
I was initially driving the (legacy)MX-5 in iRacing just to use the clutch and it all felt very good. That's when I decided to reduce the clutch travel a tiny bit.

Just knocked over 30 seconds off my best time on a stage in Dirt Rally driving that stage COLD. I haven't even used Dirt Rally in a while. Been in RBR. I still haven't gotten my controls remapped in RBR since I changed pedals.

I'm not making any claims about these pedals, but they are agreeing with me. I'm not touching a thing for a while.

The new pedal deck is very nice too! I'm feeling more nuances now that I didn't feel before.

Last edited:
One thing worth mentioning is that the stock travel on the Ultimate's throttle is more than I had on my Sprints and Dirt Rally is mostly about modulating throttle. Brakes other than hand brake turns have less of an impact on your times.

I had primarily shortened the throttle throw on my Sprints when I was fighting with heel drag issues while I had them upright. I'm betting I should have lengthened that travel back up when I went to inverted pedals.

So that improvement could be entirely a setup issue.

Last edited:
Glad you are enjoying your new piece of kit. They are some set of pedals. Perhaps some day I will upgrade my sprints but I think my next en devour may be motion. I am really intrigued by the sigma dk2. They seem to have pretty good integrated haptics as well. That aside beautiful work as always on the new deck and isolation mounts :thumbsup:

I think HE has a decent idea about what should work well. I feel like I wandered in the wrong direction with my Sprints. Definitely worth getting used to them before messing with them.

I think this is how my sliding clutch/brake and throttle plate will look.
Printing the sliding plate next. Not building anything until after the weekend.
1653745713367.png

Just barely fits on my build plate.
Running .2mm Speed for a change to cut the build time in half.

Assuming everything bolts up properly, I'll use this as a template for 1/4" / 6.3mm aluminum plate. I added an optional hole centered in front of the clutch just in case I need a little support and another quick release.

1653746383256.png

printingfootplate.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Trophies