RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I'm in!

/edit: my, my.. and there I was, thinking the gear ratios at Gothenburg were a bit extreme :D
Also, the barriers over here are likely made of landmines, so be careful ;)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack:
For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Last edited:
Gonna make it short here.

Qualified second after being third or so quick in practice. I did not let it bother me that Bjorn and Nuno were faster than me in practice, I worked more on driving conservatively to protect my tyres :sneaky:. This turned out to be the right call as I pulled away from Bjorn after the first turn of the first lap of the first race :D. Dominated the whole thing, but the track was fun to drive :thumbsup:!

Second race I started way in the back alongside Bjorn :ninja:. Lights went off, he, I and Nuno began to carve our way through the field like a knife would tender steak :p. Quickly, Nuno got to the front, I behind him, followed by Bjorn . We were all pretty close, and my tyres were screaming bloody murder as I tried to catch Nuno :ninja:. After the half way point, I got past him and led to the finish :D.

Great event, thanks for organizing Dennis, and I look forward to another awesome event on Thursday! :thumbsup:

Phew.. Can't we do another round of Gothenburg? ;) Yet another tyre-burning track over here.

Was doing fairly well through practice sessions and quals put me in pole - when warm up came up, however, everyone was suddenly improving and driving sub-1:03's :O
In addition to that, I started quite lousy and Nelson passed me in T1. Even though I tried to keep up with him, that was about it - I wasn't losing too much time (at first) but getting close enough to pass was never an option ;) Halfway into the race, the tyres got really hot and pretty much decomposed - I concentrated on keeping enough time between me and Nuno in 3rd, which worked well. Right until the final lap's T1, when I spun and almost lost P2. I could recover just in time to finish about 2secs ahead of Nuno :)

With that history tyre-wise, I was pretty worried about race #2, considering I'd have to push pretty hard, starting from P7. However, a rather.. hectic first lap put Nuno, Nelson and myself into P1-3 respectively. Nuno did a great job defending P1 until he had an off in T3 allowing the two of us to pass him. Once again, my tyres were burning away while Nelson was pulling away ;) Safely drove P2 home with slightly less tyre wear.

Thanks for racing everyone & thanks for organising, Dennis! See you around next time!

In general I love 3rd gear corner, but not these third gear corners! Unfortunately it's on the schedule and run we must :)

The car came together well in the practices and I got in a good lap for quali. In warmup everyone was, as Bjorn said, much quicker but what could I do.

Race 1: Not boring but for me rather uneventful, a bump here a pass there, not in my favor though.

Race 2: I bumped an Alfa in T1 and couldn't get back out, I think another car had a touch on my rear though replay doesn't show it. Anyhow, ended up on the infield grass and way last. Running close behind Krzysztof snd I got sa bump from Belet, no problem guy! Recovering from that I ran straight into a wall and suffered damage that hurt performance but did not require a pit stop. I tried to charge up to whoever was up ahead , closed a bit but fell way short.

Thanks all for signing up!

Well what a track. I love the sweeping turns :)
Well it took a while to get used to the track but my times where mid pack which I was happy about.

Qualifying I screwed up and out braked myself and went into the gravel trap which cancelled my lap :mad:

Race 1 well the start was ok, and made a few places. The setup of the car was great round corners, and when I got it correct it nailed the curbs. Down the straight not as quick as some maybe lowering 6 would have helped. I caught upto Dennis and was ready for a good fight then off I went and some damage. Fell of the track a few more times which lead to me starting Race 2 from 3rd :geek:

Race 2 - Start was not so good :sick: the first corner I got swiped and off I went it think. The first 3 or 4 corners were mad but got through without to much damage. Had some good racing with Gundars, but both of us tapped each other which delayed our progress, but good fun. Its interesting watching the different driving styles and learning from everyone. My tyres let go around 4 laps to go but I could not get around the 2 or 3 corner without a big lift and drop a gear.

Good race and I look forward to Thursday and Friday

Dave

What a track. Turn, turn, tide turn, turn, turn.
Did a not so good setup and choose a fat car :))
In race one, Bjorn an Nelson soon leave and let me alone in the 3d place. I gave my best to catch them and looked like was going to be successfully but any litle bad turn and lost their back again, so i decided not to force it anymore cause tyres will not hold it together.
Race two: again the three of us in the front after took Bermuda Triangle from the back of the grid in a few turns (one in a life).
I see myself at the front and starting to win some distance but the tires were going tomatos fasten. As i didnt practice to run with more liabilaty, start to make mistakes in one of those fast turns and they pass me. Never catch them any more.
Very fun this one. Congrats boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back