RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Great fun as always in the Formula Masters - although I'm not that competitive in these cars, they're one of the most enjoyable ones IMHO :)

Hopped onto the server early, made some adjustments to the setup (still running yours from Zolder as a base, Dennis ;)) and tried to get rid of the brake points etc from Tuesday's race (thanks for the hints, Andreas!)
Managed to qualify 3rd and had what felt like a great start into race #1 - most predictably, I screwed up T2 and went back into P5. Managed to fend off Paul and caught up to Dennis into a great fight - Nelson seemed determined to join in but had an off shortly after he had almost caught up, too bad :/
With 3 minutes or something to go, I went onto the throttle to fast and spun out behind the chicane - Dennis went his way and P4 it was for me :)

Had another fairly good start into race #2, and with Nelson going onto the grass (too bad :(), I inherited 2nd place for a while. Managed to pass Paul some kilometres down the line and was now being chased by Andreas and Bob.
Andreas passed me after a small off and Bob would soon follow.. I though. However, I only saw him spinning into the wall and falling back to P5.
Meanwhile, I tried to hang on to Andreas, but lost second by second and to make matters worse, now Bob was hunting through the field to get me! He finally reached my car's back and seized the opportunity when I missed a corner.
Lonely race from thereon, managed to bring home P3 safely :)

Nice racing everyone, see you next week! :)

It almost seems like these cars are a bit slow for this track. Maybe we should have used the f3000's instead. Anyhow a fun drive!

Bob proved to be the star of Quali and he followed up with an off the map performance in R1 that left me wondering if I was even racing! I actually was, for some reason Bjorn was stuck behind me for most all of the race :whistling:. I know how difficult it is to follow someone and my virtual mirror was a great little video device to watch him from.

R2 I got swamped from the start, my 1st gear wasn't for launching, Trailing everyone I watched as everyone slowly pulled away and Paul drifted slowly back. The rest, all of the race was just trying to keep him in the mirror instead of alongside or ahead! He harassed me in many of the corners and got ahead once. On the last lap we tangled, I lost a wing and our race and all the good fun was over :(

There is another fine track by this modder and it has the same kind of flow to it. I'll scour the net for it 'cause it's as much fun as this one.

-sigh-

sorry, but sign me out. Just realized this but I will not be at home tomorrow. I hate to do this, but I must pull out. I apologize for this, I was looking forward to some good fun racing with everyone here. No worries though, should be good for a nearly full week of racing next week.

Pity we only had six drivers running. Track and car combo really were very nice! No need for the F3000 here I think, but will join nevertheless then^^ @Dennis Phelan
Tough luck @Nelson Ullinskey we did have nice battles in race 2 and you would've fitted in this pack very well!
I could keep my concentration and got away with zero bigger mistakes. Not the pace to catch @Bob Miley but still going strong and so much better than last week.
@Paul Hurlow I really hope you give this car another try! Takes a litle time to squeeze it. I tend to drive to slowly with it.
@Björn Golda Didn't want to miss anyone:D I thought you'd have a little more to give in this car, you had an awesome pace last week:whistling:
Enough tagging, next week I will tag less:p

An awful race for me.

But practice and Quali were great :). I carried my car from Sachenring to Canada and just kept tweaking it through all the sessions. It responded and I was happy.

The flag dropped and off we went. Just as we got to the hairpin my wife came home and all the dogs started shouting and running through the house. I fumbled to get TeamSpeak muted and Nuno caught me. As I fumbled , making sure TS was off I got into a tussle with Hristo coming out and was all discombobulated for the rest of the lap as I tried to get composure and my pace back, hitting Hristo AGAIN in the process :(.

Finally settled and on my in lap for a pit I got rolled over by a curb that I never hit and punctured a tire. Entering the pit I scrambled to get that tire added to the change list and so I entered the pit at too high a speed. SnG incurred, Dave and I left he pit together and decided to stay together for the rest of the race, he even waited while took my penalty :thumbsup:. We "raced" on giving him practice following and passing, then I waited for him as he dipped into the pit for a pint or two of fuel to finish.

The good news, it was an interesting afternoon.
The bad news, it could have been better :).

969365Formula3000flyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IFM
Car: F3000
Track: Spa '08 [download here]
Weather:
Dry
Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:40 GMT: Warmup
19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Belet Michel
  3. Björn Golda
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
Spa%20Special.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
Car: WTCC '07 Alfa 156 ONLY
Weather:
Dry

19:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
19:50 GMT: Race (40 minutes, mandatory pit for min 2 tires)

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Justin Swan
  3. Sébastien Poidevin
  4. Andreas Scholz
  5. Nelson Ullinskey
  6. Stephane Dejoux
  7. Julien Dufresnes
  8. Hristo Milushev
  9. Björn Golda
  10. Roy Magnes
  11. Pawel Piela
  12. Olivier Hercek
  13. Gavin Hendley
  14. Antoine Morin
  15. Philippe Clique
  16. Jerome Poktre
  17. Jeremy Trotin
  18. Paul Bordeau
  19. Belet Michel
  20. Joe Cannarozzo
  21. Gasper Grebenc
  22. Stephane Pras
  23. Stig Bidstrup
  24. Vlad Dogar
  25. David Kingshott
Reserve list:

Ariciuc Razvan

Server is UP!

Last edited:
955692MimiFridayFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini
Weather:
Dry

19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Nelson Ullinskey
  3. Dave Wild
  4. Gasper Grebenc
  5. Christopher Hall-Nelson
  6. Justin Swan
  7. Nuno Rodrigues
  8. Andreas Löffler