RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Unlucky Ariciuc!

My race started well, qualified 11th but found myself 3rd briefly after a mix of a good start and a couple of spinners. Was running 4th right behind Bob until I made a mistake and dropped to 6th, Was in a good fight with Hugo and a couple of others for a while until I made a mistake about 30 mins in...hit the wall and got a puncture, luckily at the last corner so I could pit without too much lost time.

Had good fun chasing down Dave and Stefan (including twice passing Stefan round one of the fastest corners on the track...I know I had fresh tyres but it was so much fun!)...in the end kept pushing too hard and as a result made mistakes, passed Dave twice, and Stefan four times I think thanks to my mistakes....then pushing too hard this time I couldn't keep away from the barriers and got race ending damage.

Shame because this is such a great track, hadn't seen it until today, hope we have more races here!

Wow. That was amazing stuff.
It was quite scary the first few laps with everybody so close, but I managed to survive.
On lap 7 I suffered a spin which set me back about 10 seconds from the pack in front of me.
On lap 16 I made my first pitstop of the race, followed by a second pitstop in lap 32.

I knew I was way behind but then I started to realise that Dave and Stefan (the guys in front of me) were possible targets.
I was behind about 15 seconds but I had the most fresh tyres of everyone at that moment, so gradually I started making my way towards them. Finally after 20 minutes of controlling the car and creeping ever so closer I caught up with them.

I overtook Dave (he seemed to have a missing front bumper) and at the last 2 laps I was on Stefan's tail.
Very very exciting. I loved the gradual progression I was making in the last stint. Once I reached Dave and Stefan I felt really glad.

My 2 stop strategy might not have been fastest (I actually thought more people would stick to a 2-stopper) but it was lots and lots of fun after my second pitstop.

Jimi mangled with us the last 5 minutes as he was lapping us. I used it as an advantage to overtake Dave between turns 5 and 6.

Great fun guys. It was a real learning experience for me :) Thanks for the racing!

That was the most exciting race ive driven in.

The circuit was excellent and made you have to concentrate every single lap. Very close clean racing with lots of action to keep me on my toes. Spent the whole race swapping positions with Stefan and trying to not let anyone else pass.

I was very suprised that so many left and in the end only 11 drivers were still racing.

Great pass Leon, took me totally off guard and i made a mistake trying to catch back up. I think the 1 stop i did was a bit far for the tyres really and was fighting to keep control on almost every corner near the end.

Congrats to everyone that finished the race , it was a very challenging circuit .

See you all next time.

I though it was going to be an interesting race. Well it was, but not as I thought. :)

I deleted my second setup today by a mistake so I tried to remember which values were there. I was as fast as in offline practice in warm-up, so I guess I got it right. It was slightly tweaked default setup anyway.

I did some things to my system this time and looks like my game was quite smooth this time. But my pc stuttered when someone left the game. It was terrible. I got also two terrible stutters in two critical moments. First, when I was on 5th (6th ?) place and lost control when jumping over kerb because of that and spun in the last chicane.

Then, and it was very courious, my pc stuttered in 3rd corner in that chicane and my car flipped over! :eek: :D It was in lap 15, I think. Does anyone have a replay?

So I went to pits with damaged car and fill my tank to full. I didn't want to quit because I wanted to check my pc performance and also try to experiment with different lines and braking points. It looked like I was going to fight for 7th place, but I forgot to brake in the first corner and did "Massa's manoeuvre" - spun. :D

It was pretty wild and I have no idea how some guys do that - to be that fast in this race. Really, no idea.

I'm going to investigate tomorrow, again, what's wrong with my pc. It starts getting on my nerves.

RD%2520-%2520Mini%2520Friday%2520Logo.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini Challenge
Track: Brands Hatch 07
Weather: Dry
Games: Race 07
Skin Pack: Mini Friday Pack

20:00 GMT: Practice
20:30 GMT: Qualification
20:50 GMT: Warmup
21:00 GMT: Race (80 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

We encourage all of our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically.

When you have signed up we expect you to be there. If for any reason you can not make it you can sign out up until 1 hour prior to the practice session, otherwise you will be reported as a no-show.

You can not sign up as a 'maybe', you are there or you are not. We will not reserve grid places for people that might be there, we give them to people that will be there.

As soon as qualification starts and not all places are taken, reserves can enter the server.

Entry List:
To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.

1. Jose Ferreira
  2. Aaron Channer
  3. Ariciuc Razvan
  4. István Milbich
  5. Rui F. Martins
  6. Hugo M Goncalves
  7. Daniel Juncadella
  8. Joao Borges
  9. Paul Boeschoten
  10. Florian Goubaud
  11. Nisse Andersson
  12. Marian Zelenka