Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
header.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Class: Austin Mini Cooper S (Default)
Track: Oulton Park 60s (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00
Qualification start time: GMT 19.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.40 (12 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.10 (12 laps)

Note1: You must download and install this livery pack (Download) Install to: \GTL\GameData\Teams\TC-65\Mini Cooper S
Note2: If you do not have a livery in the pack, you must use a default skin.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Rupe Wilson
  3. Senad Subasic
  4. Knut Omdal Tveito
  5. Paul M Jones
  6. Peter van Zanten
  7. Tim Ling
  8. Roland Warmenhoven
  9. Jack Smith
  10. Jacob Boonstra
  11. Howard Jacks
  12. Neil Gault
  13. Reinhard Berger
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

As you might have gathered, I rather enjoyed the racing at Outlon park :p Last time we raced here I hated it, but that because I was over driving every corner. This time I did my best to reign in those impulses and brake early!
After chatting to Thommo in TeamSpeak, I tried the longer gears, and found I was slightly faster, but they took some getting used to, and I think made me slower in R1 (or maybe I'm just slow...:O_o:)

Race 1: Quailed in P10, and stayed there til T1, when I turned in and got bumped by Jack. Not his fault, as I didn't know he was there, sorry mate. Managed to escape T1's grassy without hitting the hay bales, and carried on in last place, chasing the pack. Which was the story of R1 until Howard got the hairpin wrong on lap 10. Cue some close racing where I finally nipped past at the end of lap 11 to lose the place by braking too late at the last corner :rolleyes:

Race 2: Qalied last due to me following Senad off the road just before the hairpin. :redface::poop:
Made 2 places quickly, but coming into the hairpin I got tagged and spun by Paul, who lost it under braking. (Hope that's not why you quit the race mate...lord knows I've done that enough times myself!) Started chasing the pack...and catching them up! I slowly reeled in Jack, then Senad had a small off driving out of the hairpin, and the three of us spent the 2nd half of the race swapping places. :D Somehow, I finished ahead of them, but it wouldn't have mattered if I'd been at the back. Congratulations to Stuart for holding off Reinhold, though it was very, very close!
3%2520minis.jpg

Senad%2520sideways.jpg

GTL%25202012-06-13%252011-33-38-56.jpg

Thommo%2520wins%2521.jpg

Awesome track, so many different lines to take through some corners, makes for fun racing.

Failed in lap 1 of race 1, as per my MO.
Jacob, I think, was on the inside for that fast left hander at the first split. He was faster, so I went for a wider entry line. Too wide, too fast, ended up on the grass, slid through to the hairpin, but no contacts, phew.

The only other thing I remember was Rupe being slower on the hairpin exit, and me being too eager and collecting him. Luckily, it just cost him a second or so on opposite lock. Sorry about that.

Even though it's tough to catch up when you fail, still a very close finish in race 1.

Failed in race 2 as well, but don't remember how anymore :D

Was fun near the end with Tim and Jack.
Although, Tim decided to move across a bit late for turn 1 entry, and scratched the lovely brown paint! Shiny, expensive paint. So I nudged back on the corner exit :p

Congrats to the podiums, great lap times up there.
Thanks to Stuart, another good one. Looking forward to next Tuesday.

Awesome track, so many different lines to take through some corners, makes for fun racing.

Failed in lap 1 of race 1, as per my MO.
Jacob, I think, was on the inside for that fast left hander at the first split. He was faster, so I went for a wider entry line. Too wide, too fast, ended up on the grass, slid through to the hairpin, but no contacts, phew.

The only other thing I remember was Rupe being slower on the hairpin exit, and me being too eager and collecting him. Luckily, it just cost him a second or so on opposite lock. Sorry about that.

Even though it's tough to catch up when you fail, still a very close finish in race 1.

Failed in race 2 as well, but don't remember how anymore :D

Was fun near the end with Tim and Jack.
Although, Tim decided to move across a bit late for turn 1 entry, and scratched the lovely brown paint! Shiny, expensive paint. So I nudged back on the corner exit :p

Congrats to the podiums, great lap times up there.
Thanks to Stuart, another good one. Looking forward to next Tuesday.
Your magnificence stacked up well last night. Good fun watching you slide around in it:thumbsup:

Here's some footage of Oulton in 63:

And 67 saloons:

Mini racing as it should be, close and with heaps of action. :cool:
Had my doubts about this event as i was #13 on the signup list and as exited the pits to start my qualifying lap i got tail ended very hard so i thought ok the 13 jinx is started. Started race 1 at the back and then proceeded to miss the start as my countdown mysteriously had switched off, then going into the hairpin i left it to late to brake and did not give car time to straighten before i started braking so it was a hairy moment there as i almost lost it, but i gathered it up and then proceeded to have some fun clawing my way through the field and finished a very happy 3rd.

Race 2 i started nearer the front, think it was 4th, but soon made it to 3rd, had a nice fight for 2nd and got it only to loose it a lap or two later as i dropped a wheel off the track and lost time, after that it was a scrap to the last lap when i got caught napping as i watched the two in front scrapping i left the turn in to late for a corner and went wide which buggered any hopes i had of making a move so i had to settle for 3rd again.

Hope i can make it next week.

I never had a chance to prepare properly for this one and I could tell the difference. Took too long to learn the little subtlies of the track.

Race1 started ok but I came too close to the shoulder down the back stretch heading for the right-hander and went off ...fell to 13th. I was clawing back somewhat and encountered Peter having trouble in a corner and said ..ah ha, I got him, but that was my first mistake. As I accelerated at the apex we met as he seemed alittle out of sorts, and he went off so I slowed. That was my second mistake because as he returned to track he bumped me and I lost control... went off rather safely.... but ended up in a pond with zero traction...had to hit escape. No problem Peter just accidental racing incident.

Race 2 at least saw a finish but even more important I had a great battle with Tim and Senad. I remember one incident where I was protecting my line against Senad at the last right-hander hill when Tim took me on the right side. Didn't see it coming. Great stuff.

Cheers to all, thanks Stu, grats to the podiums. Next week here I come.

Awesome is the word, indeed. This was probably the closest full-field racing I've seen.. Between 1st and last place, less than 15 sec. apart after a 20 min race - that is crazy! Where'd you find something like that??:D

Race 1 started in a great close battle between Reinhard, Knut and myself for the lead until about 6 laps, when Reinhard opened up a small while I tried my best to stay close.. but barely managed.:unsure:
Meanwhile I could see at least 6 cars behind us fighting an epic battle for 3rd with Neil coming out on top in the end.

Those Minis make for such extreme close racing there's just no getting past someone, unless you can pressure him into a mistake..:)
Knowing that, I also knew the moment I ballsed up my Q2 lap going offtrack approaching the hairpin, that I was already screwed for Race 2.:cry:

With Knut and Senad I had some strong contenders around me at the back of the grid, and in the opening laps I managed to make my way up from 8th to 5th in a few laps, but that was it... everyone in front was at least just as quick as me, and with Rupe on my tail but not attacking:thumbsup: , we could gain a few meters every corner because of the front runners having a battle or two..

Once we caught up with them.. there was no way past to be found, other than capitalizing on others' small mistakes.:sneaky: Luckily Howard had the same problem behind me for a number of laps.. Had a load of good fun racing and playing around in 6th with the other guys, until in the final lap a reckless braking manoeuver towards the inside of Jacobs car made him spin off and dropped us back to last place :(
Sorry man, you seemed a little upset but it was absolutely nothing intentional. I admit to being a bit too reckless though.:redface:

Grats to Stuart and Reinhard and to everyone else for some marvellous close racing. CYA next time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back