AC Mini Cooper S @ Brands Hatch Indy - Mon 25 May 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Newbie question: rule number 7 reads: "Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels.". This applies also to cases like the exit of Graham Hill Bend, where AC doesn't give you any penalty if use the "run-off surface", correct?

Newbie question: rule number 7 reads: "Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels.". This applies also to cases like the exit of Graham Hill Bend, where AC doesn't give you any penalty if use the "run-off surface", correct?
Great question, thank you for asking. Yes, you have read and understood the rule perfectly. Well done and thank you. :thumbsup:

A message to all club racers: @b3orn has brought up a very important point. The rule applies to ALL parts of the track and ALL drivers - there is no "if" or "but" written or implied within the rules. You will see drivers breaking this rule, but they are cheating! If you want to improve as a sim racer DO NOT COPY THEM. We all want to get the highest finish possible, but deliberate abuse of track limits (or making an exception/excuse for yourself) means you did that by cheating and you achieved nothing.

Over the years, I have tried many times to enforce this rule, with limited success. I don't really like handing out warnings and eventual bans (I'm too soft). So in the end, I look to shame us all into good behaviour. You will occasionally hear me on TeamSpeak asking somebody to adjust their driving. If you are racing with somebody who is blatantly abusing track limits, feel free to remind them (gently) of the rules and request that they adjust their driving (either on TS or by PM after the event). I guarantee that they will claim "I can't seem to make that corner" or "I'm not gaining any time". This is BS and not acceptable - it falls within the "No if or but" which ever got mentioned in the rules.

It's club racing, there are no prizes - nothing at stake except personal pride. So why do some people find it so hard to stay within the rules? If you find yourself running wide on the exit of the same corner multiple times within a single event, adjust you driving. Often that means you have to take the corner at a slightly lower speed :confused:. You may even lose the place to a guy you've been fighting with :cry:. But at least you will know that you did your best, whilst playing fair and being a good sportsman. :thumbsup:

Please do your best to stay within track limits at all times. It's the same for everybody and anybody who disagrees with this, please find somewhere else to race.

Cheers.

PS. I feel much better now. :roflmao:

Last edited:
I just tried it out. It takes some practice but a lot of fun.
@Denis Betty if I can get close to your good self, I'd be happy to gamble on a reserve spot :D
Hey mate I wish I could increase the grid size, but for now I'll put you at 3rd reserve.

In other news, we'll be running the Caterham Academy at a certain rollercoaster track in Lithuania next week. ;)

Looks like I'm free this evening. I'll take a reserve slot pls

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea