RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Great race!

Qualified 1st (1:19:6xx) but had disastrous first 3 corners going into the grass ending up 7th. Fought my way back to P3 over several laps and then stayed behind Therry and James with a constant gap of around 4-5 seconds. I put a little more fuel in for my first turn so I was able to stay out some more laps. Although I had an overlapping maneuvre in every of this laps and I was not able to go as fast as I hoped, it worked and I found myself 3 seconds in front of my direct opponents. Then James was coming near step by step. Unfortunately I had a bad framerate drop exactly when he was directly behind me so I went wide to let James pass. I hope I was not lagging that bad. I had loved to defend my position a bit but drop to P2 was just a question of time. I thought I could bring P2 home in front of Thierry but an accident with a laped car cost me 10-20 sec. Finally the result is not so important to me - it was mega fun!

Thx to the drivers (all) who always were cooperative beeing laped.

Really enjoyed that one. I managed to sneak 4th on the grid with my very last lap :). But i had a shocker of a start, i knew starting with a full tank i was going to be slow off the line so i dropped 1 place before the first turn but then i made a rookie mistake going down the hill and followed Daniel onto the grass spinning and costing me heaps of time and nearly collecting a few cars on the way :redface: (sorry guys), so from starting the lap in 4th i ended up back in 10th.
I eventually made it back up to 7th then as others in front pitted i got made it to 1st for a few laps with Nico pushing hard to get past, but he was heavy with fuel and i was light so he had to sit there for a while and it was not until James and Thierry caught up that i let him past, as i had held him up for a while i thought i would do the same with James but i went too deep into melburn and James having the better tyres he kept it tight and got the drive going out so he was past, Seeing it was a good fight i let Thierry go past the next lap at Redgate and i almost run of the track myself trying to leave room for him :redface:.
Pitted on lap 34 for a quick splash of fuel and did not bother changing tyres and came out of the pits in 4th with a 6 second gap to Daniel in 5th which soon dwindled away as the tyres started to slip and i made the odd mistake letting Daniel regain 4th again. So i had to settle for 5th.

The tyres were not too big a problem, i had to take it easy at the old hairpin and had to be carefull getting the power down at coppice but apart from that they felt ok as long as you braked a bit sooner they were fine.

So thanks all for a very enjoyable race. :thumb:

Stupid pitstops. Which button do I need to press to activate the confirm command? Was running 10th or 11th and having a great time. Then it was time for my pitstop
icon13.gif
icon9.gif
icon13.gif
icon9.gif
.Couldn't get it to confirm and it stalled out on me. race over. Hope the rest had fun and better luck next time(4 me that is):becky:

Name on RD forum: Michael Stead
Name in game: Michael Stead

Your Country: Australia
Control: G25
Car: Alfa
Special remarks: Sorry about the no-show last week. The computer died on the saturday. I think I maybe, sorta, kinda, think I might have it fixed now.

hi nico, i wasn't your fault its all part of racing accident happen and in that case its nobodys fault so no need to apologize :thumb: see you all next wednesday :thumb:

p.s. Frank if you ever want to pratice online with someone just leave me a pm and we'll set something :)

Stupid pitstops. Which button do I need to press to activate the confirm command? Was running 10th or 11th and having a great time. Then it was time for my pitstop
icon13.gif
icon9.gif
icon13.gif
icon9.gif
.Couldn't get it to confirm and it stalled out on me. race over. Hope the rest had fun and better luck next time(4 me that is):becky:

Using the forum search option, I found this in 2 minutes. :wink: Hint hint.:)

http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr-evolution/6559-pitstop-tutorial-gtr-evolution-race-07-a.html

I'll try to get it setup as a sticky to make it even more easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back