Minecraft

short answer - yes
long answer - yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Finally got a chance to log in an play a bit, haven't been on for awhile. Looks like there is lots of building going on!

I wandered far away from the spawn point looking for interesting landscapes to build a base. Found a neat spot! I will connect up to the existing rail system when I get enough iron and time to build a tunnel or elevated rail.

i have 64 squares of 64 cobblestone and some odd bits for trade gold coal flint dirt gravel and iron ore that i can smelt if needed - so if u want just let me know

also i died and lost all of my valuables i was carrying - diamond pick and 20 obsidian blocks aswell as loads of shovels and pick that i need for a mine so if anyone has anything spare they can donate/trade please be generous :)

I found a big cave system last night and got very lost last night! I was running out of torches so after finding a large cavern filled with waterfalls, so I started digging back to the surface.

Got to the surface and I thought I was close to my base, but could not find any landmarks. I left my compass at my base of course (will never do that again), so I wandered for a good hour before giving up, dumping all my cobblestone and setting up a temp base. Dug down to bedrock and got some redstone to build a compass.

I had wandered completely to the other side of the spawn point from my base! Now I did not leave any markers to my base, but I had a general idea of where it was. Took about another 30 minutes to find my base again, was starting to get nervous. Got my big haul of iron back safely in the end tho!

Here is the kicker. From my base I could see the spot I came out of the ground originally I was that close! I had walked the opposite direction...

That sucks Mike. I did that once, and ever since I have been very very careful.

Did you know that holding shift down will make you crouch, and in this mode you cannot fall off a block? This makes it easy to build bridges across lava. Then again, I have not farmed obsidian, so I am not sure how difficult that is.

By the way guys, I have been speaking with Bram. If we can get a thread going on RD's sister site, PlayDepartment, then we can get a dedicated sub-forum that we can actually moderate properly.

i never knew missing chunks could be so profitable - found 1 and saw lots of stuff in so dug to it [used up 5 iron picks to get it] but what i came out of the mine with is
7 diamond
3x 64 redstone
2 other blue thing with the long name
140~ iron ores
220~ coal
and tonnes and tonnes of cobblestone dirt and gravel

i was just messing around with a bucket of water [flooded linus's beachhouse a couple times and made him a pond] but then i climbed onto a tree and put it there and linus broke the tree and we now have a beutiful fountain :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.