Micro stutter issues on ACC?

I've been playing ACC for the past couple of days, I have my settings on high which my PC should be able to manage fine. I usually get 90+ FPS. I have a 1440p 144hz freesync (adaptive sync) monitor, Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, and a 2070 super. My FPS always stays consistently high and I never see it dipping, however I do notice a lot of microstuttering. No other game I play has this issue, for example AC is perfectly fine. Does anyone know what might be causing this and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

Not just me then, having installed an RTX2070 Super this weekend thought I would give it a bash and yes practice laps round Barcelona getting microstutters the whole way round.

Practically undriveable like this at present, compared to another sim where I crashed looking at the scenery lol
Ok think I have fixed mine.

Firstly had a slightly uncorrectly seated CPU Cooler, which was not exactly helping the ambient temperature, and secondly was overclocking my cpu and memory.

Froze in an irace with the CPU sorted, but ultimately my cpu and memory just don't seem keen on overclocking, which is probably not a suprise given they are 5yo + so will keep those at stock and let my 2070 take the strain.

Five laps of Barcelona with no stutters at all, so maybe check your cooling / overclocking?

I had to abandon ACC forever, I am 4/5 past updates, which I can no longer drive with this simulator, I have serious interruptions in multy, much more than stuttering, I stay because it was not like that before, I also updated the card in between video, now i have the nvidia rtx 2070, and it's even worse!

I had the same problem of micro stuttering, sometimes it would even freeze for a full second or so making ACC unplayable.

After some investigation i noticed that when playing ACC my Hard Drive (D) was making noise and showing a lot of activity even though i have ACC installed on my (C) drive an SSD.

so i disconnected my (D) drive and the stuttering has stopped.

Don't know why the drive ACC is not installed on would be so active and causing stutters but can only assume its some problem with the unreal engine or something???.

I've been playing ACC for the past couple of days, I have my settings on high which my PC should be able to manage fine. I usually get 90+ FPS. I have a 1440p 144hz freesync (adaptive sync) monitor, Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, and a 2070 super. My FPS always stays consistently high and I never see it dipping, however I do notice a lot of microstuttering. No other game I play has this issue, for example AC is perfectly fine. Does anyone know what might be causing this and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

Yes. Your hardware is perfectly fine, thats not the issue. The issue is that if you are not maintaining the exact same FPS as your desktop refresh rate, ACC will stutter. It does not have the ability to set an internal refresh rate and thus uses the desktop refresh rate. So therefore your fps needs to match whatever you monitor desktop refresh rate is set at. This is in the case when using vsync and not gsync / freesync.

I have a 144hz 27" freesync monitor that is gsync compatible. Try turning on gsync in nvidia control panel (yes gsync will often work on freesync monitors - but its still software not hardware like a real gsync monitor). Make sure everything is on, and set your in game fps limiter for either 83 or 85 (or around about what fps you can maintain consistently). Keep your desktop refresh rate at 144hz. This will allow you to bounce in fps (within reason) without stuttering. If you do not have this option, then set your desktop refresh rate for whatever you can consistently maintain in game fps wise, and also set the in game fps limiter for the same number. You will now have a smooth experience,

Last edited:
I'm trying ACC again before uninstalling it since I don't really play it unlike AC which has in comparison been stellar and new communities bring it to even more life.

ACC, updated today to 1.5.2, I can finally unbind some of the keyboard shortcuts but others still not.
Graphics... they added even before some changes to TAA and never ending sharpening filters to combat the blur and lack of clarity they managed to create with UE.
Ingame FPS limiter is unusable, the FPS was all over the place with stutters, game lags badly when running unlimited choked on the GPU. NVCP limiter is fairly smooth but the game has periodic dips = stutter when driving. Hence I am here and from what I've seen there are a ton of people and posts, threads on web about ACC stuttering with I bet no fix at all from the devs.

Plenty CPU and GPU performance left, it's not choking on anything.

Vsync is terrrible latency wise, all it will do is choke everything and hide stutters in latency.

I'm not sure what they did with UE because other UE games have been fairly smooth although there is one similarity and that is moving graphical settings from max to one step lower gives back a crap ton of GPU performance for nearly no visual loss, UE is crazy with those settings.

My guess is developers meant this to be a 30 at best 60 fps Vsynced title oriented at consoles, it still looks like it and performs like it. Although the console reviews I've seen have been even worse than what we get on beefy PCs.

AC has a similar stutter problem but it only shows up with heavy mods and especially when hacking the game with CSP+SOL, but it's far less frequent, instead of being a couple times a minute it's once every 5-15 min. Who knows maybe it's something they brought from AC to ACC and "enhanced".

So long ACC has been out and while it's now a little better than upon release... I would still recommend buying AC for GT3/4 than ACC.

game lags badly when running unlimited choked on the GPU.
Plenty CPU and GPU performance left, it's not choking on anything.

Which is it - “choked on the GPU” or not?

Hence I am here and from what I've seen there are a ton of people and posts, threads on web about ACC stuttering with I bet no fix at all from the devs.

I‘m sorry for anyone that gets stutters but I think the main reason why the devs haven’t “fixed” any stuttering in ACC is that most players don’t get it. The fact that the majority of players have smooth gameplay with decent frame rates would suggest that there’s nothing fundamentally wrong with the game. The stutters some get are much more likely to be a hardware/driver/system setup problem (as difficult as that may be to accept). Look at most ACC live stream videos on YouTube - they generally run smoothly with sharp graphics which wouldn’t be the case if there was an issue with the game.

The argument that other UE4 games run better on the same system doesn’t really apply as the games do very different things (complex physics, tyre model calculations, weather and so on), even though the underlying game engine is the same.

Last edited:
Hi.
I replaced the gpu, RX 5700xt to Rtx 2070s and I have much more fps, but I have stuttering while driving. I have tried everything related to stuttering.
what have i already done
-Try every NV drives from 2020 and chipset drivers.
-disable hpet
-made clean install of windows 10
-try with freesync on/of
-try vsync on/off
-set frame limiter in riva tuner , game etc.
- disable , antivirus , ms guard , game mode , viedo capture.
- gpu temp is 69 , and CPU temp is 70
- game is install on clean ssd 240 gb.
My spec is ryzen 5 3500x , rtx2070x Gaming X , asrock fatality 4k b450 with latest bios update , 3200hz of 16Gb ram psu is 650 W with gold.

Last edited:
Hi.
I replaced the gpu, RX 5700xt to Rtx 2070s and I have much more fps, but I have stuttering while driving. I have tried everything related to stuttering.
what have i already done
-Try every NV drives from 2020 and chipset drivers.
-disable hpet
-made clean install of windows 10
-try with freesync on/of
-try vsync on/off
-set frame limiter in riva tuner , game etc.
- disable , antivirus , ms guard , game mode , viedo capture.
- gpu temp is 69 , and CPU temp is 70
- game is install on clean ssd 240 gb.
My spec is ryzen 5 3500x , rtx2070x Gaming X , asrock fatality 4k b450 with latest bios update , 3200hz of 16Gb ram psu is 650 W with gold.
Have you tried not running without MSI AB/rivatuner? And/or perhaps Adaptive or Fast Sync in NV?

Last edited:
Hello
I changed my triple screen setup for 3 * Aorus FO48U .
Those monitors have the adaptive synch option available in their menu settings and I activated it
I am also using nvidia surorund and I was able to successfuly enable gsync via the nvidia control panel

but , as describded by the creator of this thread ACC is now suffering of terrible microstuttering.

My symptoms are th same , it looks like gsynch / adaptive sync is not working at all .

I also tried the above fix with no success .

Anyone else has an idea ?

thanks

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play