Micro stutter issues on ACC?

I've been playing ACC for the past couple of days, I have my settings on high which my PC should be able to manage fine. I usually get 90+ FPS. I have a 1440p 144hz freesync (adaptive sync) monitor, Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, and a 2070 super. My FPS always stays consistently high and I never see it dipping, however I do notice a lot of microstuttering. No other game I play has this issue, for example AC is perfectly fine. Does anyone know what might be causing this and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

Does anyone know what might be causing this and what I can do to fix it?

While it’s not a solution to your problem, it’s more likely to be a system/hardware issue than something in the game. You can’t really compare ACC to earlier games as it’s much more demanding on your system at the higher settings. I have a 6700k, 16GB RAM with a GTX 1080 and can run ACC smoothly at 1440p with big grids and mostly epic/high settings. Remember that FPS isn’t everything - frametimes are possibly more important when it comes to stuttering. Although not specifically to do with ACC, this video explains things and presents a possible solution:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem... I was losing my mind. After the update it's horrible. FPS is very high when starting a race but it gradually drops and it's even worse once you pause for a bit during a race and continue. Goes from 90 as an example to 60, pause again and continue and it goes to 40 or so. Never had this issue before and never touched my graphics settings.

7700K, 2070 Super and 16gb ram

Sent an email to Kunos. Suggest you guys do the same.

support@505games.com

In testing I would initially get stutters and then in an AI race I would be at 100 fps lets say and still get the stutters. As what was said above, I noticed the mulitplayer stutters quite a bit.

i5 6600K, 1080Ti, 32gb ram

Yeah having the same issues randomly in open lobbies, stuttering like skipping a few frames and its unbearable. Not exactly sure whats creating them but definitely occurred since the latest update!

Wow thats interesting, in the past when something ran like that, it was from overheating cpu, im sure not the case here, still thats awful.

I hope others can chime in to let everyone know if the stuttering is like that. My 7700K was de-lidded to run cooler and temps are usually in the 60's, maybe a spike to the mid 70s which is still well within limits.

Same on my RTX2070 since 1.4.1 single player. I always got the player join/leave in MP but that was a blip. These new ones are much bigger. No AI, just in hot lap
Not just me then, having installed an RTX2070 Super this weekend thought I would give it a bash and yes practice laps round Barcelona getting microstutters the whole way round.

Practically undriveable like this at present, compared to another sim where I crashed looking at the scenery lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back