Mercedes Set to Announce Bottas? Ocon to Renault?

Yes, but he wasn't driving for podium I think. I think he wanted a win and was pushing to much. If he changed his attitude to "drive safe, avoid everything" (which I don't want, he is a RACING driver) he would probably get some of those Perez podiums during their time in FI.

On the other hand, for me: Ocon is not top team material, Ricciardo will probably trash him next season (and I rate Ricc equal or even a bit worse than Hulk :roflmao:). But to be true IMO, at the moment we have 3 top teams and 3 top drivers (when in calm environment) + 1 getting there + maybe 2 who need to show more and need better cars.
Ocon won the F3 championship same year that Verstappen was competing. They had great wheel to wheel battles that season.

Ocon won the F3 championship same year that Verstappen was competing. They had great wheel to wheel battles that season.
I'm aware of that, it is just that improvement made from that point is much bigger on Max's side than on Ocon's.:thumbsup: Not to mention their F1 "battles" :roflmao: I am struggling to see what Ocon did in his F1 career except incidents with Perez/Max/Kimi, maybe Monza 2017 Q (where he was beaten by Stroll) but managed to get best of the rest in race.
As I said, we have 6 places in top teams now and probably 2 not filled with top talent (Albon jury pending :D). For those 2 my favorites are Norris and Russell, if they show what media expects. Ocon is more of Sainz Jr level (which is not bad). But of course I can be wrong, he is there to prove it. :thumbsup:

It's now official :) link (same for Ocon)

EDIRUFnWkAAZErv.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing is sure actually, auto actu is in french not very reliable, you should wait a bit more (ps: im french). This newpapers don't have a very good reputation

Merc just made the lives of Ocon and Bottas a little harder with the wait. Bottas and Lewis combo is a no-brainer. It's not like Bottas did not score major points to haul in the Constructors title for them the last 2 years. He had major bad luck 2018, he still have half of 2019 to prove more. Congrats to Ocon and Bottas. Renault only needs to deliver the equipment, they already have the best driver combo they can have for their budget. They can't bag any better deal than that!

Nothing is sure actually, auto actu is in french not very reliable, you should wait a bit more (ps: im french). This newpapers don't have a very good reputation

Quel(s) site(s) consultes tu ? :) les réseaux sociaux officiels des constructeurs sont les sources les plus crédibles et rapides en terme de communication, pas en terme de détail technique, bien que ...

Quel(s) site(s) consultes tu ? :) les réseaux sociaux officiels des constructeurs sont les sources les plus crédibles et rapides en terme de communication, pas en terme de détail technique, bien que ...
J'ai l'habitude de lire motorsport.com je les ai toujours trouvé plus précis :)

Poland is the 6th largest country in the EU by population. Spain is 5th with 46,5 million people, and Poland has 38,5 million, of which perhaps only 2-3 people don't really care about Kubica.
Geography was never my strong suit
Kubacia is a intelligent driver and drives smarter than Grosjean. But his injury is slowing down performance. There is other racing beyond F1. Strangely enough he has a big loyal fan base, Probably the biggest for someone as far back as he is.
I honestly don't think Kubacia would be faster in a quicker team. Though his team mate Russell would.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.