Mercedes Set to Announce Bottas? Ocon to Renault?

• Deleted member 113561

Rumour mill, usual bs, just wait and see.

I was really crushed for him at Hockenheim this year. He was doing very well and then he lost it in the last corner where a lot of people lost it as well. He deserved a podium in that race.
Yes, but he wasn't driving for podium I think. I think he wanted a win and was pushing to much. If he changed his attitude to "drive safe, avoid everything" (which I don't want, he is a RACING driver) he would probably get some of those Perez podiums during their time in FI.

On the other hand, for me: Ocon is not top team material, Ricciardo will probably trash him next season (and I rate Ricc equal or even a bit worse than Hulk :roflmao:). But to be true IMO, at the moment we have 3 top teams and 3 top drivers (when in calm environment) + 1 getting there + maybe 2 who need to show more and need better cars.

Good move for Renault... but not sure for Ocon : few months ago Prost said that Renault has got the best engine so I would like to trust him... so Renault please give it to Ricciardo/Ocon and do not let it in the garage under a shelf :D

He is hot property as he deserves a drive right now. But hes leaving the Mercedes camp so its a step down to the factory Renault team. The car has speed but lacks reliability as it usually fails in the opening stages of the race.

I think the mistake Renault has made id moving from building just Engines to a entire car. Honda made the same mistake. But every manufacturer wants to be like Ferrari all in house. As a factory team to are putting all the credit into one company so its good from a marketing point of view.
This may be why Scuderia Ferrari has been of the pace, the operation is so big and harder to manage. That is why most teams on grid build a chassis and use a engine supplier. As long as the relationship is good and harmonious it can work smoothly.

So Grosjean is getting fired and what about Kubica? Is he going to be fired too?
Kubacia is a intelligent driver and drives smarter than Grosjean. But his injury is slowing down performance. There is other racing beyond F1. Strangely enough he has a big loyal fan base, Probably the biggest for someone as far back as he is.

The Hulk isn't that young anymore and I think teams would rather go with young talent at the moment.

Guenther Steiner said recently that he has few options to sort out his driver "issue" at the moment, because rookies and emerging talent are not the right direction for the team right now. They want to focus on the car first. Seems to me that an older, reliable hand like the Hulk could be just what Haas are looking for then... :thumbsup:

Guenther Steiner said recently that he has few options to sort out his driver "issue" at the moment, because rookies and emerging talent are not the right direction for the team right now. They want to focus on the car first. Seems to me that an older, reliable hand like the Hulk could be just what Haas are looking for then... :thumbsup:

Okay, you may have found the one exception there... But still, I think they would rather have someone like Perez who brings money and is north American and considering Haas is American that might be a good move (if Perez wants ofcourse). Hulk has been a reliable hand but he also has consistently made mistakes every time he was on for a good finish, think of Baku 2017,2018 Germany 2019 Brazil 2010(?) and so on. He does have a lot of experience but if I were Haas I'd try to go for someone else, but you are correct in saying that Haas might not be as interested in young talent as the other teams are at the moment.

Hulk wont file for unemployment im sure. and people giving him crap for no podiums, during his f1 time he never had a top 3 car and reliability is so high compared to even 10 years ago that just cant get lucky for a podium nowadays. and reminder he won Le Mans when there was actual competition ;)
in fairness he should have had a decent few podiums at this stage in his career the likes of brazil was probally his best chance but yet again he bottled it..Not saying he is or was a bad driver but personally i think the fact that he is a german f1 driver thats where all the hype came from and never lived up to the hype thats why he is still driving for midfield teams

Actually, the winner in this group of drivers will be Bottas. Ocon has something going on for him, but he's not gonna measure up to Verstappen or Leclerc's resumes. Can't even think why Merc would want to replace the fin. Bottas, during his FR2 days measured up well with Danny Ric. The only thing that's worth noticing next race is Albon. Don't care much about midfield announcements.

It is speculation at the moment, but sounds plausible.
At Mercedes it wouldn't have made any difference; Ocon was never a better driver than Botass.

Hulkenberg looked as if he did enough to stay at Renault. A bit mediocre in 2019 so far perhaps, but reasonably consistent.
Could be just a nationalist bribe - nothing new.

I think Magnussen allready have expressed his qualified guess for his teammate for the next season when he in several of his recent interviews has told that he has absolute nothing against Hulkenberg and consider him a very talented and complete driver.
Magnussen would probably get some inside news both before the medias and local forum posters.:whistling:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%