Menu controls with controller not working (CSP 2.1 Preview 2)

Menu control with controller not working on latest CSP. Tried prev CSP builds and 1.79 is the latest to be working, anything above you can't bring up the pause menu to restart/exit etc.

The controls work at the start of the race to navigate the menu with the dpad but after the race starts you have to use the keyboard.

Using Xbox One controller.
Any workarounds and is the issue known by ilja?

Last edited:
You have to bind those controls in the Content Manager. Click on Settings > Assetto Corsa > Controls > Patch and bind Pause in Miscellaneous section to Start button (or whatever you want) and then scroll down to Mouse control section and bind those controls as well. I bound the Jump Left/Right/Up/Down controls to my D-Pad, and Left mouse button to A button on my gamepad.

Ok... first off I have a rig. Wheel, pedals and H-shifter but I`m not in a position to have the rig set up just now. So... I was wondering if anyone knows if my old Logitech Wingman Rumblepad would work with AC? I`ve googled and tried a few things but just can`t get it to work. Nothing is happening at all. It`s recognised in AC but can`t seem to get it to work.

I appreciate it`s an old controller but thought it might just work until I can get my rig set up.

Was going to start a thread for this but thought I`d ask here. Hope the OP doesn`t mind.

Any info (good or bad) would be appreciated.

:)

CSP has gone 'wonky' for me since 0.2.1 Preview 2 full.
I can only drive the first car and track combination I've select immediately after installation.
Every other car or track I select after that first one, is causing a crash.
I've tried a bunch of thing... removed CSP, CM and PURE.
Reinstalled the latest version of CM followed by CSP 0.1.80 Preview 108 and PURE 0.205.
No crash occurred on initial loading and I was able to enter the cockpit...though I did not drive from the pits.
The red surrounding environment screen required a CSP update to 0.1.80 Preview 346.
Once that was completed, the sim loaded without error.
I selected rain and the Ferrari 458 GT2 and that ran fine.
I came back to the pit and without changing weather, selected another Ferrari model.
That caused an instant crash. I selected a few other brands.
All caused a crash.
I went back to the originally loaded Ferrari 458 GT2 and it ran flawlessly.
I also have to uncheck Fake Shadows FX in CSP or I will have crashes.
It may be important to note... these are not crashes to desktop....just a failure to load the track to start the driving session.
The escape key does not seem to release the error either.
I am having to select ALT+F4 to escape.
I can't even select ac2.exe in Task Manager to end task

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes