rF2 Megane Trophy @ Taruma - Monday February 7th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thank you guys it was a lot of fun! Very good to be my first rFactor event:) I hope you don't mind that I didn't stay in race 2 after my crash, my car became pretty much uncontrollable after it and I decided I don't want to suffer with it until the end of the race, I already did that in race 1 after the unlucky crash with Ross at last corner. Anyways I'm ill so I should go sleep now:)

Thanks Adam and RD for putting this event up! It was really fun, tbh it's a long time I had this much fun fighting on the track!

Had a lot of fun. First race was a disaster. Rammed Ross just after the start. Had to struggle to the pit to do repairs. Finished the race and my position was due to other drivers misfortune. The second race was a blast. 20 minutus close racing with Carlos. To bad he overtook me in the last minute. Did a do or die attempt on the outside. But he stayed just in front of me. As said. I'm happy with my 6th place out of 10.

Good racing again :)

Messed my first race up as I managed to plant my car into the wall just before the home straight when I panicked a bit when I saw Ross stranded on the track....
Not your fault Ross, I had plenty of time and room to get through but completely cock it up :rolleyes:

Much better second race, I got a really good start and got up a couple of places to 5th. Manged to hang on to the front group for quite a while and managed to close the gap at one point, but when it was down to 3 (not sure who went off) you all managed to pull away, and I just concentrated on holding onto 4th.
Looked like a really close one at the front from where I was :D

Some good racing tonight- especially in race 2 with Lukasz, Adam & Peter.

Race 1: Got a decent start and was leading for around 10 mins, but slipped off the track after losing concentration in the final turn, and ended up sideways on the racing line. Seeing the pack coming towards me, i opted to wait, thinking everyone would be able to miss me, but it was chaos! Very sorry about this, not something i want to make a habit of.

Race 2: Snatched pole with a PB of 1:04.3, and led for around 2 and a half corners from Adam until i put a wheel on the grass, dropping me to 4th and under pressure from Andy. Was just sitting behind the tight battle between Peter, Lukasz and Adam waiting for an opportunity when Peter spun off and out. For a few laps the leading trio were close as you like, and were only a second or so ahead of 4th place at this stage. Eventually i was able to overtake Adam after he had a bad exit onto the straight, and Lukasz followed. Right until the end of the race we were separated by less than a second, and he almost won, being only 0.03s behind (i think) at the finish. Really quality and clean racing throughout, so thanks to you guys!

Cheers Adam for organising!

Qualy 1: Did an average lap. 1.05.3xx, getting the 7th spot, I guess. I could get an 1.05.0xx if I didn't spin in the last corner, but I wouldn't get a higher position even though.

Race 1: I had a hard time trying to avoid Péter (I don't remember if it was really him, it was the guy just in front of me who took long to start), and could avoid Ross spinning in the first corner magically. I had an incident with Shaun, but he did a nice fair play move and waited for me to get the postion back. I was running 8th or 9th, but my wheel slipped off the table, causing me to lose control and crash. I think I could take the car to the box and fix it, losing a lap or two, but this incident (the wheel) let me kind of angry so I decided to withdraw instead of disturbing other people on track.

Qualy 2: Couldn't do a good lap, stuck on a 1.05.5xx. There was a lap that I was 3 tenths faster in the second partial, but I spun in the last corner (again!) and lost it all. Anyway, I could get a 6th place.

Race 2: In order to avoid bumping on people in front of me, I lifted off a bit and fel to 8th place. Could manage to overtake Steve on that slow left corner and Maartin a bit later, but then Maartin took the 5th place away again. After that, we had an awesome battle, one of the best I've had racing in rFactor! There was a moment I as too aggressive and bump him laterally, making him crash into the wall on that slow corner, but I let him go. Could get the position back 2 or 3 minutes to go, and we saw the checkered flag less separated than a tenth of second. Just great! :D

It was a shame all that misfortune in the 1st race, such as last week in Nogaro. I'm having trouble trying to finish races lately, I think I attract accidents magnetically, lol. Hope to race next monday again. Cheers!

Fantastic night of racing. Truly epic battles. :)

Quali 1: Got into the 64's which I was very happy about. P5 on the grid.

Race 1: Made a great start and was challenging for the lead by turn 1. Evgenij overtook me at turn 1 on lap 2 and then on lap 3 at the same corner I forgot to lift slightly and went off. Rejoined the track in 10th, which was soon 9th when Chris went off at the following corner. Set about catching Steve who was 5 seconds up the road. Gradually reeled him in just after avoiding the accident that Ross had. Made a move out of the last corner on Steve but he just kept ahead down the main straight so I backed off. After that attempt failed I tried setting up a challenge into the last corner by braking early and going wide into the right hander before it. This allowed me to get on the power before Steve and make the manoeuvre into the final corner successfully. Chased down Marcel for 2nd and I was gaining chunks of time at the slow hairpin only for him to pull away slightly/keep it constant over the rest of the lap. THe final few laps though and I was able to close in a lot but the gap was just too big. Finished 3rd.

Quali 2: Not as quick as last time but was 4th on the grid.

Race 2: Made another great start and was challenging for the lead with Ross again. Side-by-side through turn 1 and turn 2 before he edged ahead. He lost it on the curb at turn 3 which left me in front. Peter and Lukasz were taking it in turns to try and overtake me as they were both much faster but struggled to get by. I slowed too much for turn 1 on about lap 5 and Lukasz tapped my rear resulting in slight suspension damage (my fault, sorry), and Peter going around the outside of me. I attempt to take Peter back in the hairpin and take the wide line around the banking but he came off the corner first before spinning off. That left me just ahead of Lukasz and the now recovered Ross. Again both of them were all over me and on lap 9 I hit the curb on the inside of the final corner and had a massive slide. Saved it thankfully with only a small amount of speed scrubbed, but it was enough for both of them to get past me in turn 1 and 2. Tried getting Lukasz back in turn 4 but didn't work, and a small mistake in the last right hander dropped me back. I was able to hang onto the group as Andy dropped back and witnessed a superb battle between Ross and Lukasz. Unfortunately you guys went a bit too quickly on the final couple of laps so I missed the ending :frown:. ANyway, I was happy with another 3rd place. :)

Thanks guys for racing :)

Race 1: I had a hard time trying to avoid Péter (I don't remember if it was really him, it was the guy just in front of me who took long to start)

Yes, I'm sorry, it must have been me! The problem was that I didn't hear the starting "beep" sound as I had my volume set to a pretty low setting (as everybody else was sleeping already) and engines were too loud to hear that, some kind of starting light on HUD could help me a lot, especially that the starting lights of the track itself were not working (don't know how it is on other tracks)! I'll try to build up some experience to get better starts:)

Taruma was great choice. I didn't know the track and at first when I checked the layout I expected something like Queensland - flat, short and boring racing around living-room. But when I yesterday did few first laps I fell in love. Two words - banked turns:D I really love banked turns:)

In the first race I had bad luck. I was on second position chasing extremely fast Evgeniy without much hope to catch him and in the middle of the race my graphics and sounds has frozen. There was not much to do - I restarted PC and disappointed was waiting to enter server again.

After that in the second race I was a little dogged to gain good position again. My skill in using English language is not good enough to fully describe emotions between start and finish of that race. I think previous speakers did it well - it was epic battle:) Replays should be watched with one of the "Two Steps From Hell" tracks playing in background:) Basically second race was who-will-make-less-mistakes game beetwen me, Peter, Adam and Ross. It was very close but clean battle (sorry for few accidental bops but it's inavoidable when fight is bumper-to-bumper). After Peter's and Adam's mistakes I left only with Ross before me who had very similiar pace to mine. After few fruitless attepts to use a drag and find a "window" to overtake I kept last chance to the last lap. On the last turn I clang very close to Ross, used drag on straight and was almost equally side-to-side with him before finish but it was not enough:)

Congrats to winners:)

Race 1: Had a fair battle with some drivers in the middle of the racing grid until bad luck stroke the drivers ahead. In this regard I was able to climb up to 2nd position while Adam was closing the gap behind me. Although he was able to shove off some seconds I didn't let it get to myself and kept driving at a relative constant speed. Finished 2nd.

Race 2: Although I lost some positions at the start of the race it used to be great while overtaking the slower drivers and gaining my previous position back. However at some point I lost control and slamed my car hard into the track boundary on the right outside of the the last turn. Entered the pits for a 1:20 repair session and ended up last (9th).

Thanks fellow drivers for participating, Adam for planning and organising and RD for making it possible in general. :)

The problem was that I didn't hear the starting "beep" sound as I had my volume set to a pretty low setting (as everybody else was sleeping already) and engines were too loud to hear that, some kind of starting light on HUD could help me a lot, especially that the starting lights of the track itself were not working (don't know how it is on other tracks)! I'll try to build up some experience to get better starts:)

That's weird. The lights worked fine for me in both races so don't know why yours didn't work. If you have the same trouble in the future, you can scroll to the last Pit menu in the bottom right corner (the one that gives the time of day, current leader, and time left). As soon as the "time left" countdown starts, the race is go.

Yes, I'm sorry, it must have been me! The problem was that I didn't hear the starting "beep" sound as I had my volume set to a pretty low setting (as everybody else was sleeping already) and engines were too loud to hear that, some kind of starting light on HUD could help me a lot, especially that the starting lights of the track itself were not working (don't know how it is on other tracks)! I'll try to build up some experience to get better starts:)

Try this out http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=rfDynHUD
I have used it for a while now, and its really useful... one of the options you can have is to have starting lights on your HUD :D

That's weird. The lights worked fine for me in both races so don't know why yours didn't work. If you have the same trouble in the future, you can scroll to the last Pit menu in the bottom right corner (the one that gives the time of day, current leader, and time left). As soon as the "time left" countdown starts, the race is go.

Maybe its grid position. In race 2 i couldnt see any lights, just had to wait for the guy in front to go.
Only my 2nd race meeting so as i am not yet competitive enough I worked on getting round without any drama. Thanks to the big smash in race 1, I found myself well up the leaderboard. Adam was approaching fast and was obviously quicker so i let him go without too much of a fight, not wanting to risk an accident. Managed a fourth place finish, more by being careful than anything else.
Cant remember much about race two as Ive been struggling with diarrhoea, (not sure i should have shared that with you all), and I just managed to hang on till the end of race two before dashing off. Unfortunately neither race saved in my replay fridge which is a shame as I wanted to work out how some guys were getting round in the 1;04's.
Great track but limited overtaking opportunities as there are not many breaking points - which probably suited me better to be honest.
Two weeks for me, 3 finishes and looking forward to the next one.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back