Meca Cup 1 Pedals

Been thinking of switching my old G27’s for quite a while now, but having the expensive modded hydraulic pedal (Perfect Pedal) has always made me think twice and if swopping to load cells will be worth the financial hit.

Anyway, I eventually got my head around it and was going to hit the button on a set of Heusinkveld Sprints, until these showed up during research: https://meca.all4sim.cz/ As per normal I started research on the new ones, but not a lot out there as they are quite new, but Barry’s normal review here:
has put me right back to where I started, i.e. undecided. Obviously Heusinkveld are well known for their good customer support, but the Czech company are an unknown and I can get a set of Sprints within a week, whereas the Mecca’s will take a month. Quality and looks of the Cup 1’s looks fantastic and price is roughly the same. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, especially from anyone who owns or has tried both sets?

I’ve received mine a few weeks back and love them, top quality build and they feel great, not much different from the he which I sold this week, customer service I great as they had a delay with the plastic poly spacers but asked me I I wanted them anyway, then last week I received another parcel with the missing parts

Upvote 0
Had mine for a couple of weeks now and very nice they are too:thumbsup:.

Unfortunately my move from G27 pedals to the Mecca Cup 1’s has not resulted in any time improvement, but the Logitech pedals were highly modded (Hydraulic brake). I always wanted a nice set of pedals as the G27’s were the only piece of my rig I hadn’t changed and biggest gripe was there toy like appearance. Unfortunately the hydraulic brake was an expensive but very, very good mod at £250, hence my reluctance to change them. Won’t be going back soon as very impressed with the quality of the Mecca’s.

Upvote 0
^this
and I wouldn't expect laptime improvements from switching to gear like this (meaning hotlaps). I would expect better consistency and better immersion. Both being maybe a little less impressive when already coming from a hydraulic brake mod:)
@tony wright : How was your setup procedure? I don't know the hydro mod but as far as I know the G27 pedals are considerably smaller and a different angle than the Meccas - did you rearrange your rig in the pedal area or just got used to the changed position? What did you feel had to be changed (pedal throw, brake rubbers...)? Thanks a lot for any infos you can share!

Upvote 0
I had the old G27’s mounted separately (out of plastic case) and able to put them in a variety of positions due to my rig and the mount I’d made.

Attachments

• EFC68249-1B14-479F-B8C9-7AC31AF78CCB.jpeg
    EFC68249-1B14-479F-B8C9-7AC31AF78CCB.jpeg
    675.8 KB · Views: 262
  • 25A88278-23E0-4DD2-BDD8-9B3BDEDA70B9.jpeg
    25A88278-23E0-4DD2-BDD8-9B3BDEDA70B9.jpeg
    579.7 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0
I just ordered a set today...I like the look of them and all the reading I have done tells me they will be good heavy duty pedals.

Plus I liked the review Barry did. I have got a bunch of items after watching his reviews and i have yet to be disappointed.

Upvote 0
Bloody hell 200kg... thought the 100kg was more than stiff enough. I originally set my brake up the same as Barry in his video, but ended up softening it to 1 x black and 2 x blues.

What is the actual rating on the pedal for these? I don't think the load cell rating is the same as the pressure that can be applied on the pedal.

Upvote 0
No it's not, and those values are always interesting to hear. But if you do measure it, do record also the total geometry of pedal (adjustment of the rod end matter) & foot height from the main pivot point (the length between the point you are pushing from and pedal arm pivot point).

In my mind we should be speaking of maximum torque (created by foot) the pedals can handle.. this would negate most of the variables.

Upvote 0
What is the actual rating on the pedal for these? I don't think the load cell rating is the same as the pressure that can be applied on the pedal.

I asked someone at work who used to design software for load cells used in sim pedals. Looks like you need 67kg brake force to full braking with 100kg loadcell and 134kg with 200kg loadcell.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 63 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 27 12.5%
  • Forum trophies