Meca Cup 1 Pedals

Been thinking of switching my old G27’s for quite a while now, but having the expensive modded hydraulic pedal (Perfect Pedal) has always made me think twice and if swopping to load cells will be worth the financial hit.

Anyway, I eventually got my head around it and was going to hit the button on a set of Heusinkveld Sprints, until these showed up during research: https://meca.all4sim.cz/ As per normal I started research on the new ones, but not a lot out there as they are quite new, but Barry’s normal review here:
has put me right back to where I started, i.e. undecided. Obviously Heusinkveld are well known for their good customer support, but the Czech company are an unknown and I can get a set of Sprints within a week, whereas the Mecca’s will take a month. Quality and looks of the Cup 1’s looks fantastic and price is roughly the same. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, especially from anyone who owns or has tried both sets?

If we weren't in Chinese virus hell and I had my regular summer work lined up I would have bought these pedals as soon as Barry's video ended! I will put this purchase off until my work schedule/income goes back to where we were before this whole fiasco!

Upvote 0
I checked their website and I saw that there is no option to choose the 2 pedals kit( without clutch) and how can I contact them? There is no email or any contact informations im their website!

Upvote 0
I checked their website and I saw that there is no option to choose the 2 pedals kit( without clutch) and how can I contact them? There is no email or any contact informations im their website!
Well if I klick on "Contact" on top of the page it shows me an email address and phone number

Upvote 0
I think that this pedals are more or less a copy of the Heusinkvelds, with some minor improvements. So I do not see a huge difference. Right now I'd probably still choose Heusinkveld till the shop of all4sim has grown a bit more.

Upvote 0
These look really impressive. I've got a set of Sprints which I'm very happy with but I must admit that Barry's review has got me tempted. They look like they'll be every bit as good and come in at a cheaper price. Gotta love the girth of that footplate too. That's how that should be done!

Upvote 0
Maybe worth noting: Svend reacted on the the pedal-thread in the german virtualracing.org forum and I can fully understand his point of view.
This is also why I would choose the Heusinkveld pedals over this one.

Quote: "
Hey, we appreciate competition but we also strongly encourage creativity and innovation. There are 100's of methods to make a load cell/force based pedal (there are a lot of different solutions out there in the market), and then there's companies who copy existing designs (which is the case here on almost all assemblies/technical solutions for the throttle and brake, which are largely identical to our Pro/Ultimate pedals). It is not the first time this happens and it will happen again in the future.

For the market it may be nice in the short run. There are more options available at a similar or lower price. A downside is that companies who create original designs (like Heusinkveld, but there are plenty of other companies out there who are able to engineer themselves) will move to protect their designs (industrial designs rights, patents), and this comes at a cost. For us it has gotten to a point that we have structural legal counsel on these issues and we rather spend these resources on engineering. Engineering and testing original designs (both electronically and mechanically) is very expensive.

Again, we welcome competition. But we'd rather have competition which helps the market forward with truly innovative products."

source: https://forum.virtualracing.org/showthread.php/119702-ALL4SIM-Meca-Cup1-Pedals/page3

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 331 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing