Physics Measured Federal SS595 tire data - a community project tire for Legends Cars mod

We had a chance to get real life measured tire data on friction drum for the tire that is used in Legends Cars.

The reason why this could be a good community project is that i have the data (not fully comprehensive, but better than nothing) and we have a mod for Legends Cars that is in pretty good state. The bad thing is that I don't have time to learn skills to properly transfer this data to Assetto Corsa.

So if there is people interested in this, join in here and let's see what can be achieved.

If you need any translations or explaining i'll be glad to help, but it is pretty self explanatory after you watch the videos and look at the data.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnjfnek8ofxb6yz/Federal_mittaus.zip?dl=0

I would like to have all the conversations kept in this thread so nothing gets lost, but if you need to contact me personally send eml -> juha at ipaco . fi

first translation help:
Jousivakio -> spring constant :)

BASIC INFO ABOUT THE CAR, TIRES & SETUPS:

- Car minimum weight with driver 590kg
- Max power 150 - 155 hp @ 10000rpm (from engine) ~ 120Nm of torque (Yamaha XJR 1300 stock 10:1 compression ratio, set up (needles, main jets, air jets) stock carbs)
- top speed about 185 - 190km/h without towing with 2,93 rear end (5th gear 1,951)
- Coefficient of Drag total 0,74 (only front window, others open)
- Tire weight 7 kg
- Rim weight 5,7 kg
- Tire size 205/60 R13 on a 7" wide rim
- Tire is camber cut starting about 2/3rd's from inner edge with full tread to almost slick on the outer edge
- Usable pressure generally 1.3 - 1.4 bar hot (hot being ~50 C carcass, 70 - 80 C tread)
Cold pressure 1.0 - 1.2 bar. Sometimes 1.4 bar (depends on the year, tires have really wide variety of pressure reaction from year to year)
- Car has no antiroll bars
- Rear live axle spooled
- Bilstein coilovers on all corners (not adjustable)
- Front suspension setup: -2 to -3.5 camber, usually 0 toe, 4 to 7 degrees of caster, 200 to 250lb springs
- Rear suspension setup: 0 to -1 mm of camber and 0 to 4mm of toe in (total both sides) 175 to 225 lb springs
- Rear axle weight with brake drums (á 5 kg) and all fluids and half a driveshaft (min. weight 7kg) weight 92 kg
- Tubular frame with fiberglass body (about 350kg)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_car_racing

If you need something i'll add here.

Attachments

• Legends.jpg
    Legends.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! The main issues I see with the data (at least what I checked) is a) the speed is quite low (40 km/h), b) temperature is low (<40ºC) and c) the data is very noisy. And who knows how would the data look at proper racing speeds.

Thanks for sharing! The main issues I see with the data (at least what I checked) is a) the speed is quite low (40 km/h), b) temperature is low (<40ºC) and c) the data is very noisy. And who knows how would the data look at proper racing speeds.

Yep. It's not good, but it's better than nothing :D

Problem was the rig had different bolt pattern than the original wheel and with the really small timewindow we had the centering of the weld was quite bad.. So it could not be run at higher speeds due to bouncing.

The temperature is not that bad as it is treaded tyre and the internal temperature after few racepaced laps is only 50 to 60 degrees max. Of course the thread pattern gets hotter but cools down quite fast. Usually the fastest laps are the first ones.

Interesting. It's late today, but I'll have a look tomorrow I hope. Vertical load I agree is OK. Temp maybe OK and speed you know is low. The drum diameter was a little small by the looks of it for a rolling resistance measurement but the data should still be useful.

Put some basic info about the car on the first post. If you have questions i'll add the info there, so it won't get lost :)

Does someone have a link to anykind of tutorial about V10 tires? Just that our latest version of the mod has been on hold for a year now, so things have changed for sure, and it would help to get back in touch with the game

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back