McLaren still undecided on F1 2015 driver line up

One that can consistently finish right behind him and help keep the other drivers a few points away each race, in other words, Button. Looking at the championship standings, I don't understand the fuzz about KMag, he did really poor imo.

I agree.

But Button will accept this condition, just to be a pawn for the victory of Alonso, especially if the car is more competitive ? Why not.

I think they should keep button at a severely reduced pay packet. I imagine JB is humble enough to accept it and prove he wants to race for the love and not for the $$. So the whole money argument can be tossed out the window.

Alonso has indicated that the teams he has worked with before are willing to work with him again citing Renault. A cryptic message that adds to the confirmation that he will race for McLaren again.

i think its NOT about the money,,since the board members all favour button.

Ron Dennis Always is mentor of 1 of the drivers ,and thus involved in one of the cars.

with the line up Alonso,Button ,Ron looses that hobby and extra involvement.

If Ron is looking for the next Lewis Hamilton, which I'm sure he is, he hasn't found him in Kevin Magnussen, he's done ok, but that's all, 55pts! compared to JB's 126, not enough

JB would be the perfect partner for Alonso, he will score good points all year and if the car is quick help the team all the way to the constructors crown and quite likely Alonso to his third drivers title, he will beat Alonso on occasions and probably finish fairly close on points I would like to bet.

They will chose Magnussen though, cus he's cheap and he will do as he's told

Jim

If Ron is looking for the next Lewis Hamilton, which I'm sure he is, he hasn't found him in Kevin Magnussen, he's done ok, but that's all, 55pts! compared to JB's 126, not enough

JB would be the perfect partner for Alonso, he will score good points all year and if the car is quick help the team all the way to the constructors crown and quite likely Alonso to his third drivers title, he will beat Alonso on occasions and probably finish fairly close on points I would like to bet.

They will chose Magnussen though, cus he's cheap and he will do as he's told

Jim
Agree, sadly ><

McLaren signs a 22-year-old free agent in the middle of his best season, dumps him after one year for not being as good as Button in his first year with what turns out to be a not-good team, for a 20-year-old, second-generation, champion driver who McLaren insists is the future of their organization...and then he too is likely getting dumped after one year for not being as good as Button as a rookie.

I remember when McLaren were patient almost to a fault with drivers like Mika Hakkinen and Kimi Raikkonen and it paid off.

• Deleted member 161052

Button keeps McLaren seat, Alonso gets in...Magnussen should be a reserve driver...for good.
EDIT: Magnussen is finally a test/reserve driver for McLaren, I just noticed that on my Tumblr dashboard

Last edited by a moderator:
Jenson has proved this season that he has at least one season left in him, but 2015 should really be his last. McLaren need to keep Magnussen, and give him a load of FP1 runs. It'll benefit him soooooo much.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back