McLaren MP4-12C GT3 steering question

Guys, I've got a Thrustmaster T500 with F1 wheel. I'm extremely excited about this car, but I like to run my sims as close to real as possible, so I'd like to know if any of you know about the steering on the real McLaren. The GT3 version uses a F1 style wheel, right? How many degrees of rotation does the real car have, and how many degrees of steering lock do you think drivers of this car use?

Thanks guys.

Soft lock doesnt change your ffb and steering feel it just engages a counterforce when the steering lock of a car is reached. Without the soft lock, you can just turn the wheel freely until you hit tge physical hardlock of your hardware.

So, softlock isa welcome change.

i understand what you mean and have read what the Devs at KS have written and explained about it, and I think it is great to have! soft lock is indeed a welcome change and should positively impact the game, just for me on my testing and my experiencing with it, it felt as if FFB is off/ weird, and vehicles feel like steering boats on the ocean. (just sharing my experience with it)

I have my TX set at 900 degrees in the TM control panel. I've tried AC with/without soft lock - I cannot feel any difference to the FFB. At least with soft lock my TX wheel stops at the car's lock. I wonder what Kunos would say on this, I can't believe their FFB/physics code would be different relevant to whether the steering wheel stops at car lock or not.
But, of course I can only speak for my TX wheel experience.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back