McLaren MP4-12C GT3 @ Mosport park

Akis

Over 9000
I used this setup for both qualifying (1:14.00 with softs) and race (1:15.2 with mediums).

I think I've put too much rear wing. Feel free to tweak it!

I'd be glad if someone posted a better version that could do 1.13.5 at quals ;)

Attachments

• race-setup_akis.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 493
/// George's Secretsauce Setups ///

1.14:0xx qualli
1.15:1xx race

Edit: new lap times with some Richard Hammond driving below

Attachments

• 2, race 25.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 370
  • 3, qualli.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Completely different setups that give the same laptimes! I'll give it a try and tell you how it feels!

Yes, you have way higher diff settings, very high rebound at the rear, and low ARB in comparison.

Edit:
Did a 1.15:2xx with yours. I think you have too high rear rebound (13), that's why you spun comming out of the last corner in the race - the rear damper applied too much rebound force and flipped the car to the right.
I lowered it to 12, and the car was more stable.

Your settup features very high positive rake (= front is lower than rear) and soft springs front and stiff ones at the back - also 1° more camber at the front than rear. All these cause the car to oversteer heavily, that's why you increased the rear wing and diff coast so much to counteract.
As you've seen on mine, the height is almost the same, spings are the same and the degrees of camber are close to one another. This gives the car a lot of balance and I don't need to increase the diffs and the rear wing so much.

Last edited:
@Georg Siebert
I used your gear ratios and Wing but kept my other settings (I simply can't drive with lower diff, the car is too unstable off throttle for my taste).

113.jpg

I'm very satisfied with your input. It helped me get from 1:14.1 to 1:13:3 !!!

Here's mine too. Just done 1:12.824 with more room for improvement. Great little circuit this, shame the sector timing isn't working though and those bumps after the hairpin!! :confused:

Attachments

• MP4-12C GT3.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 412
Here's mine too. Just done 1:12.824 with more room for improvement. Great little circuit this, shame the sector timing isn't working though and those bumps after the hairpin!! :confused:
I did 1:12.88 with your setup! I did not expect to shave off another 0.5 sec in a short track like this! 1.13.3 was already very fast!

And yes, these bumps after the hairpin need to be straightened out as they do not exist in the real track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back