Mclaren for drag racing

I think, people they steal others work should be also banned, like the guys who have a pirate game !!!!:mad:

@ Moderators : Can you do this please !!!

Dunno if there is one already but might it not be worth pursuing an 'approval' period for uploads?

Might reduce the plagerism some if they could be checked out, any doubts could be checked with the original authors

Funny that you mention original authors. How many of the modders here have actually asked permission to use the Codemasters vehicles or asked permission to use logo's from companies to be used on skins.

People should not be so extremely aggressive in their reaction when it comes to skinning cars. Better explain the uploader to credit your work and all should be fine. Or use the report button to notify the forum moderators something needs to be checked out.

People one really nothing be understood(included), when the original moddeur will stop publishing are work. You will be the only one has not to take advantage of new skin. Modder can always take advantage of their only work but be stolen.

I don't see how any approval system would work. We do not have master copies of everyone's mod or individual graphic files, nor do we want them, as we are not the copyright police, and neither do we want to become them.

We hope and expect people to do the decent thing, and not claim anyone else's work as their own. Ultimately the modder is responsible for his or her own files, and their availability on the world wide web, there is always a risk of someone 'stealing, 'borrowing', and 'adapting' that work, as much as we don't like that happening.

A little bit of respect is all that it takes, and perhaps a bit of flexibility over who 'owns' this or that ..... not forgetting credit where credit is due

I always authorized the use of my work (finally almost), after a demand(request). And I always have to carry(wear) complaint for a use of my work without my use.

In the end(final): 5 demands(requests) authorized (on 6 or 7) for tens of complaint.

But so tomorrow, the complaints for steals him(it) did not deal any more, I stop posting my work.

A type(chap) who adds a new sponsor (30 min), a complete car can take 2 even 3 days). Appropriate a work for 30 min, me says no.

I always authorized the use of my work (finally almost), after a demand(request). And I always have to carry(wear) complaint for a use of my work without my use.

In the end(final): 5 demands(requests) authorized (on 6 or 7) for tens of complaint.

But so tomorrow, the complaints for steals him(it) did not deal any more, I stop posting my work.

A type(chap) who adds a new sponsor (30 min), a complete car can take 2 even 3 days). Appropriate a work for 30 min, me says no.

May be a Ban system can be implant, more they stole more they are bannish

Graham,
The main problem seems to be with cars and only a few people actually do them.
When a 'new' one springs up would it not be best to contact one of the few artists if there is doubt?

The trouble is, is that there isn't any doubt until the first complaint or report comes in.

The Staff here are volunteers, with their own lives in the real world. We like to help out as much as we can. Personally I do not want to spend my time with master copies of graphic files, then combing though them all when a new skin is uploaded, trying to find some sort of infringement.

It seems to me that those artists are doing that anyway with every upload, hence a thread like this one occurs :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back