AC Mazda MX5Cup @ Bahrain, Wednesday 24th March

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
So I did a few laps offline. The track is a challenge for this car, because nearly each corner needs to be driven perfectly to carry the speed on the following long straights. Getting it all together for such a long lap is a challenge for one lap in qualy but also for being consistently fast in the race.

So I did a few laps offline. The track is a challenge for this car, because nearly each corner needs to be driven perfectly to carry the speed on the following long straights. Getting it all together for such a long lap is a challenge for one lap in qualy but also for being consistently fast in the race.

I can't but agree. I progressed a lot during the hotlap half hour, and found that I was getting 3-4 tenths at least when exiting well from a corner. The harder to get well, for me, are 4, 6, 9, 10, 13 and 14

Last edited:
IMPORTANT:
I just found out that the practice server uses an older version of the track.

MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL THE VERSION THAT S.GP USES BEFORE THE RACE. THERE'S A LINK IN THE 'MODS' TAB OF THE EVENT!!!

Last edited:
Registered just now but keep getting kicked out for checksum. Have been on other event servers without issue, but can't get on this time. I verified all the files on Steam, any other suggestions? I love floating this little growler around Broiling Bahrain, great fun to get a rhythm and chip away at the tenths.

Registered just now but keep getting kicked out for checksum. Have been on other event servers without issue, but can't get on this time. I verified all the files on Steam, any other suggestions? I love floating this little growler around Broiling Bahrain, great fun to get a rhythm and chip away at the tenths.
IMPORTANT:

MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL THE VERSION THAT S.GP USES BEFORE THE RACE. THERE'S A LINK IN THE 'MODS' TAB OF THE EVENT!!!
This means practice server is using a different track version, not the same that you can get from SGP

This means practice server is using a different track version, not the same that you can get from SGP
Yes, @Denis Betty who sets the practice server, is aware of it but he has run out of idea's to solve it. Hovering on the server's name, it's says version 2.1 which is the version from the s.gp link.
We have asked @Chris Down for help. I expect him to set up the practice server for the GT3 event with the same track shortly.

I'm dropping out here so I can focus on the GT3 race. I hope I'll be able to make it.
Frank, I really believe that this MX5 event will help you with the GT3 race in Sunday. Not only that you can learn to take the hard parts of the track but you also get more experience in racing with others. And please take this event lightly. The MX5 doesn't need much practice to keep it on track. To become very fast with it, yes but to become a midfielder you need race experience now.

Frank, I really believe that this MX5 event will help you with the GT3 race in Sunday. Not only that you can learn to take the hard parts of the track but you also get more experience in racing with others. And please take this event lightly. The MX5 doesn't need much practice to keep it on track. To become very fast with it, yes but to become a midfielder you need race experience now.
Even before I read this, I decided to stay in. I worked last night on a setup that I think works for me. It's frustrating at times, but I'm going to do it. Though I want to focus on GT3 more - honestly the time it's run often clashes with my personal life. :(

IMPORTANT:

Do you have a link for the proper circuit?

Last edited:
Do you have a link for the proper circuit?
If you want to use the practice server then don't update until just before the event starts. If you want to practice with the version for the race, you can do it in single play after updating. The link in to be found under the 'MODS' tab on the s.gp event page.

Last edited:
If you want to use the practice server then don't update until just before the event starts. If you want to practice with the version for the race, you can do it in single play after updating. The link in to be found under the 'MODS' tab on the s.gp event page.
OK and so air and road temps are 36 air 50 road?

Guys please don't ever stop on the racing line when others are on the server. Please take the time to move off the line if you can. Even if you think nobody is around - gaps can close very quickly when you're stopped!

I'm confused. I downloaded the track from the sgp link and practiced offline since then. Am I safe for this evening or should I expect to have to upgrade at the very latest moment?

I'm confused. I downloaded the track from the sgp link and practiced offline since then. Am I safe for this evening or should I expect to have to upgrade at the very latest moment?
Hi Omar,

You should be fine for the event as you're using the same version that s.gp does.

But if you now try to connect to the practice server, you will get a checksum error. At the moment we can't get the practice server on to the same version as s.gp uses. We have run out of ideas for that.
As we have jobs I don't expect the problem with the practice server will be solved before the event starts tonight.

Hi Omar,

You should be fine for the event as you're using the same version that s.gp does.

But if you now try to connect to the practice server, you will get a checksum error. At the moment we can't get the practice server on to the same version as s.gp uses. We have run out of ideas for that.
As we have jobs I don't expect the problem with the practice server will be solved before the event starts tonight.

No problem, I just didn't want to have to set up the whole thing just before the race, my time is always limited and I just connect when the qualify starts.. have a great day!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back