Mazda MX-5 - Time Attack Turbo

Cars Mazda MX-5 - Time Attack Turbo 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
bbeavis submitted a new resource:

Mazda MX-5 - Time Attack Turbo - Real world Time Attack MX-5 by Beavis Motorsport

View attachment 374469

Mazda MX-5 Time Attack Turbo by Beavis Motorsport

This Asseto Corsa mod was developed based on the lap GPS data from the real world car.
Along with over 800kms of in game testing, A/C car data was created in comparison with real world lap GPS data to replicate the performance of the actual car. Weeks of 'amateur' 3D modelling, texture generation based on real photography, and geometry translation from the real vehicle...

Read more about this resource...

Quite cool. I hope a bit more data than just telemetry was used to make the physics, otherwise it's not too useful. :thumbsup:

I'm curious, is the original mesh a rip or a legit mesh? If not, this'll probably go down.

Pretty cool mod. Just curious on what software you need to make your own mods

I think all you need is Blender, GIMP, and any text editor (Notepad++ is good), maybe FMOD too if you want to make your own sound. Those are all free to download.

Plus a browser to watch hundreds of tutorials on YouTube, the learning curve is pretty steep and long but it's worth it if you get a kick out of figuring things out and being creative.

Great mod. Love that you made your own car!

Is there a skin template you can share?
it's not properly UV-mapped, making good liveries for it would be hard. Like the front right wing isn't mapped at all, and some other stuff is just auto randomised all over it
1.jpg

Can confirm that the UV mapping is a big problem. Here's a skin I made for it since I thought this car was going to be used over at simracingsystem.com, but apparently something about how it is packed is preventing them from seeing it as a valid car to use. https://www.racedepartment.com/down...tack-turbo-skin-hamilton-musical-theme.34398/

And here's a video of me trying my best to deal with the skinning limitation. Maybe it can help for future mods?

Small bug: The mesh on the headlights is not transparent. LightsFX works but the lamps appear black due to the mesh behind being illuminated. I think the mesh used for the headlights glass is the headlightrcustom_a01 mesh which uses the ksPerPixel shader (not transparent!).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.