AC Mazda MX-5 Cup @ Cadwell Park - Wed 21 Nov 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Actually been around this track nearly 19 years ago.
On a brand new Yamaha R1. Yes I no it has two wheels.:confused: One of my first track day experiences. And one of the fastest speeds I did legally.;) The problem with track days they're addictive so I've been doing them when I can ever since. But unfortunately this year I've had too many medical issues and due to the fact that im "becoming" old fart. But hopefully maybe one or two next year.:D

So thank you for the event @Buster and if you be so kind to add me to the list please.:thumbsup:

Actually been around this track nearly 19 years ago.
On a brand new Yamaha R1. Yes I no it has two wheels.:confused: One of my first track day experiences. And one of the fastest speeds I did legally.;) The problem with track days they're addictive so I've been doing them when I can ever since. But unfortunately this year I've had too many medical issues and due to the fact that im "becoming" old fart. But hopefully maybe one or two next year.:D

So thank you for the event @Buster and if you be so kind to add me to the list please.:thumbsup:

Oh my, how come we have never spoken about bikes before? ..I had several races on the Isle of man about 28 years ago. Have always owned several bikes until I became disabled :( ..maybe that is why I am so slow with 4 wheels, so used to 2 wheels. Of course, you are welcome :thumbsup:

Oh my, how come we have never spoken about bikes before? ..I had several races on the Isle of man about 28 years ago. Have always owned several bikes until I became disabled :( ..maybe that is why I am so slow with 4 wheels, so used to 2 wheels. Of course, you are welcome :thumbsup:
To be honest I have no idea except, we were practicing and working on setups for a sim racing games that involves cars.
And now you've mentioned the Isle of Man my first experience of the Isle of Man I was 13 years old,1974.ish. Being a pillion with my dad on a Ariel Square Four. And the following year on Vincent Black Shadow. Which unfortunately caught fire 2 or 3 years later. Which my dad said, there wasn't enough pissed in bladders to put out. Funny maybe but he was devastated. But this is getting off topic soom what @Buster. So maybe we can have a chat about on TS abot our history with the two wheel variety of vehicles soon.

Last edited:

That's awesome! I did some club racing back in the US around 2003-2004 timeframe on a R1 (hence the screen name) and R6. Enjoyed it tons and always was stricken by heroes of the IOM TT. Mainly Joey Dunlop and David Jefferies (RIP both :()back then.

Great stories Calvyn, Robert & Buster, raced at Cadwell with a Kart in the early 70's but the thought of doing it on a bike.... yikes :speechless:

You should put a post up in the forum about your experiences, would make a great read:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back