Matching performance.

Hi everyone.

Is there any way of matching the performance of various cars to compete in the same class?

For example.

I want the new power pack GT3 McLaren to run against the urd GT3 mod. At the moment it's about 2% quicker. Over the course of a race that's miles quicker.

Unpopular request alert. Is it possible to take the vehicle file (or whatever the correct file I'm talking about) from one car and use it for another? So it looks like a McLaren but actually is the vehicle file of a Bentley?

Thanks,
Vern

Yes, but you'd have to unpack them into dev mode (not something you can do with the GT3 Powerpack since it's encrypted) and limit yourself to single player unless you went all slimey and distributed the result.

Reminder: URD doesn't have a GT3 mod... they have a GTE mod. Apex's AMGT3 and Simtek's GT3 World Series are the other GT3 mods at the moment.

Yes, but you'd have to unpack them into dev mode (not something you can do with the GT3 Powerpack since it's encrypted) and limit yourself to single player unless you went all slimey and distributed the result.

Reminder: URD doesn't have a GT3 mod... they have a GTE mod. Apex's AMGT3 and Simtek's GT3 World Series are the other GT3 mods at the moment.
Ah ok. This is purely an offline project since that is how I prefer to play. I also would have no intention of sharing. Pretty sure nobody else would want it anyhow.

Thanks for the clarification on the classes. Good to know.

I tested both at Nola and did very similar lap times. Racing them together was lots of fun. Still need to race them in tracks with long straights as I haven't compared top speeds.
Thanks for that input. Haven't gotten the Powerpack yet as there's still the AM3 anyway. Hopefully soon a solution related to Lock to Horizon is applied for VR.

Thanks for that input. Haven't gotten the Powerpack yet as there's still the AM3 anyway. Hopefully soon a solution related to Lock to Horizon is applied for VR.

Oh I suppose you were asking how they compare in terms of physics/handling. IMO S397's GT3 pack is better than any GT3 mod. I like both Apex and Simtek (Simtek a bit better than Apex actually) but to me the GT3 pack handles better and is more fun to drive, and judging by other people's comments, I think I'm not alone

Apex got some cars really right in the way they drive (Ferrari, Z4, 997), but others not, like the Mercedes.
Textures are not really that good.
FFB can be trully amazing on some cars (997, Ferrari), or dreadful in others.
Some cars are clearly way faster than others, something which would never happen on a real-world GT3 event.

Simtek, on the other hand, has really nice car shaders, textures, and liveries, and tons of liveries which are real-world accurate.
Sound is good across the board.
The cars have a way better balance (sort of a BoP) than on the Apex mod.
Handling is consistent across the board (no broken cars like on Apex).
However, FFB is trully bland.
Tyres are not yet fully developed.

The GT3 PowerPack is, for some parts, on another level than on these mods. However, I still think you should try all free mods you can get. The Simtek and Eduracers' mods are really good and can offer similar (and sometimes, even better) experience than the GT3 Pack.
I still think the GT3 Pack is a good buy for the money and you should definitely get it if you like how S397 is managing things (which you should :p ) and want to support them and enable them to continue pushing rFactor 2 forwards.

If you'd like to see my little review of the GT3 Pack, see this post: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/new-gt3-pack-now-available.58031/page-18#post-918385

I still think the GT3 Pack is a good buy for the money and you should definitely get it if you like how S397 is managing things (which you should :p ) and want to support them and enable them to continue pushing rFactor 2 forwards....
I agree, though currently it's best for me to wait until the lock to horizon feature is applied, w/o w/c it's currently hindering me from running the game (VR). Who knows, the pack might be on sale too when they achieve getting the feature in-game. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back