Massa challenge

I just read an article (hopefully it is a very late April's fool joke) about a possible Massa challenge to the FIA result of 2008.
It stated that Massa has hired lawyers to contest the outcome of that season's result.
The article goes on to say that because Bernie and the FIA kept secret about the cheating scandal of crashgate, the resulting loss of points to Ferrari would have put Felipe above Lewis.
He...supposedly... is set to challenge the WDC result on that basis.
Anybody heard about this?

Wow. Hadn't heard of this but I do believe that Massa is unwise enough to do such a thing. (Edit: and a quick google suggests it's really a thing.)

Last edited:
If this is true then Lewis can sue over Abu Dhabi GP. I cant coment as i have not heard Michale Massi's side of what hapened. I think he made a call and realised it would not work in time frame and looked for a simple way out, Giving a exiting finish what the TV and Media want. Poor ruling's exist in all sports and officials can get a bad rap because of it. Try to do it for a day at a pee wee Socer game and see how parents go after you. It's just a game.

If this is true then Lewis can sue over Abu Dhabi GP. I cant coment as i have not heard Michale Massi's side of what hapened. I think he made a call and realised it would not work in time frame and looked for a simple way out, Giving a exiting finish what the TV and Media want. Poor ruling's exist in all sports and officials can get a bad rap because of it. Try to do it for a day at a pee wee Socer game and see how parents go after you. It's just a game.
The problem with Abu Dhabi is there was no 'cheating' though at the Singapore race there was, Massi might have been in error, but there was (as far as I know) no gain for the decision maker, it would be funny though if LH lost his first and didn't win the Abu Dhabi one back... Mr Seven would become Mr Six, the fanbois would be upset.
Let sleeping dogs lie

I just read an article (hopefully it is a very late April's fool joke) about a possible Massa challenge to the FIA result of 2008.
It stated that Massa has hired lawyers to contest the outcome of that season's result.
The article goes on to say that because Bernie and the FIA kept secret about the cheating scandal of crashgate, the resulting loss of points to Ferrari would have put Felipe above Lewis.
He...supposedly... is set to challenge the WDC result on that basis.
Anybody heard about this?
Yes, I alluded to it in a recent "how many races will Max Verstappen win" post, the facts are, Massa is rightly peeved that the organisers new about the crashgate scandal but allowed the results to stand, he was leading the race at the time and those circumstances impacted his potential win, had the results been cast from the books 'as many feel that a rigged race should be' then Massa would have had sufficient points to win the championship, that in turn would have impacted his earning power, and his future as well as the record books, alas the top brass kept quiet about their part in this and we now have more truths coming out...
I don't suppose for one moment that the 2008 championship will be overturned in his favor, but, I can see a hefty payout looming along with some very red faces... or it could just be thrown out on a time technicality.

Edit, In my defense for stating the common knowledge (again) Terry's thread came up and no other posts loaded, and I automatically assumed it was a recent post so I replied to Terry as though it was fresh news to him, not a handful of months old...
My bad for quickly scanning and leaping

Last edited:
Can only wonder if Massa is being taken for a ride by some enterprising lawyers (con men) who have assured him he has a great case, but it'll cost him a bit of money up front.....
He needs to make a Proffit so what he makes must be more than legal fees. Going to court is something that costs a lot of money.

Is Massa drunk?
Why would he expect Lewis to give him a title he won in 2008?
He's be better off suing Renault and Piquet for the potential sums he would have earned as an F1 WDC.
Expecting another driver...any driver to hand him a title is ludicrous.

Is Massa drunk?
Why would he expect Lewis to give him a title he won in 2008?
He's be better off suing Renault and Piquet for the potential sums he would have earned as an F1 WDC.
Expecting another driver...any driver to hand him a title is ludicrous.
Perhaps Massa is hoping that the 'Moss' effect (where Sir Stirling Moss argued in defense of Mike Hawthorn's disqualification from the Portuguese Grand Prix for reversing onto the track) costing him the Championship.
However Hamilton is no Moss.

Massa doesn't seem likely to get much success with this.
If he were to win a judgement with this case, it'd open a can of worms F1 may not survive.
Bernie seems in favor of it, which is weird considering he is one of the people being sued.
He seems prepared to help Massa work against the new commercial rights holder.
This whole thing is getting more strange by the second.

Well, the Singapore result really should have been declared void, so take from that what you will. But it would have meant Massa scored highest that year.

If he were to win a judgement with this case, it'd open a can of worms F1 may not survive.
Bernie seems in favor of it, which is weird considering he is one of the people being sued.
He seems prepared to help Massa work against the new commercial rights holder.
This whole thing is getting more strange by the second.
Perhaps Bernie can see the Reaper coming and feels the need to atone before he gets here... or, something Lewis said or did has p*ssed him off.

Perhaps Bernie can see the Reaper coming and feels the need to atone before he gets here... or, something Lewis said or did has p*ssed him off.
https://www.independent.co.uk/f1/bernie-ecclestone-lewis-hamilton-michael-schumacher-b1969183.html
Bernie has serious contempt for Lewis and his achievements in F1....has for a very long time.
Lewis dared to come into F1 and win seven WDC. Bernie did not like that.
Go seek out and watch the Bernie interview surrounding the controversial Abu Dhabi finish.
He essentially admitted he was glad to see Michael's win tally preserved.
His basis....he did not want it overtaken "in case we lose him (Michael) one day"
The guy is a piece of work.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back