Maserati 250f Historic Skin Pack

Skins Maserati 250f Historic Skin Pack 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content

Mr. Malarkey

Premium
Mr. Malarkey submitted a new resource:

Maserati 250f Historic Skin Pack - Eighteen 4K skins from 250f drivers of the 1950s

This is a pack of 18 historic liveries and driver skins for the Maserati 250F 6-cylinder, representing some of the many Formula One teams and drivers that fielded this iconic machine from 1954 thru 1958, in both championship and non-championship races.

In addition to the 18 skins in 4K, the download includes the Driver 1955 model, which was built just for this pack. Each skin contains an ext_config.ini file which will replace the default driver with Driver 1955.

To install, simply unzip to...

Read more about this resource...

Screenshot_ks_maserati_250f_6cyl_ks_silverstone1967_2-11-121-15-57-17.jpg

Good afternoon

Any idea what's going on with the black face looks like he's wearing a mask. When car gets to a sunny part of the track his face does lighten a bit.

Regards

Mark

Hmmm. That's a strange one. I have no idea why he would look that way. Does that happen on all of them, or just on Hawthorn?
All of them Its a bit strange really if I run the game as a clear bright sunny day his face colour does get better but the darker the day the darker his face gets. its almost like that part of is face is in permanent shadow.

Mark

Hello, hello mate. I'm trying to adjust the helmet colors, but I'm not succeeding, the "Driver_1955" version, just for you to have an idea Jean Behra's helmet is in this shade as well as Luigi Musso's version, but the white is really bad. Here are the versions I had done months ago using "Driver_pudding", but I'm not able to adjust it in Content Manager, there's another way, I appreciate it.

Attachments

• Behra-with_Driver_1955.png
    Behra-with_Driver_1955.png
    259.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Behra-with_Driver_pudding.png
    Behra-with_Driver_pudding.png
    245.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Musso-with_Driver_1955.png
    Musso-with_Driver_1955.png
    266.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Musso-with_Driver_pudding.png
    Musso-with_Driver_pudding.png
    249 KB · Views: 81
  • Musso2-with_Driver_pudding.png
    Musso2-with_Driver_pudding.png
    221.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Hawthorn-with_Driver_pudding.png
    Hawthorn-with_Driver_pudding.png
    274.1 KB · Views: 93
  • vonTrips-with_Driver_pudding.png
    vonTrips-with_Driver_pudding.png
    276.9 KB · Views: 100
Hello, hello mate. I'm trying to adjust the helmet colors, but I'm not succeeding, the "Driver_1955" version, just for you to have an idea Jean Behra's helmet is in this shade as well as Luigi Musso's version, but the white is really bad. Here are the versions I had done months ago using "Driver_pudding", but I'm not able to adjust it in Content Manager, there's another way, I appreciate it.

I ran into the same problem myself when developing these skins. The problem, most likely, is that your car is still trying to use data from the 60s driver that is the default for the 250f.

To start, I would recommend that you install the driver using a different method. You can download it directly here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/new-driver-driver-1955.46442/ and use installation method #3 that is in the instructions.

Another thing to look at is the material shader values for the helmet. Make sure that the value for nmObjectSpace is set to 0. That is normally set to 1 on the 60s driver.

If neither of those work, let me know, and we can try to troubleshoot it.

Nice Von Tripps helmet, btw! That pudding helmet is really difficult to work with - that's why I made a new one. :)

EDIT: In looking it over, I fear I made a mistake in my instructions for method 3. You will need to put Content Manager into developer mode to extract the data folder. Instructions to do so can be found at about 56 seconds into this video:

Last edited:
I ran into the same problem myself when developing these skins. The problem, most likely, is that your car is still trying to use data from the 60s driver that is the default for the 250f.

To start, I would recommend that you install the driver using a different method. You can download it directly here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/new-driver-driver-1955.46442/ and use installation method #3 that is in the instructions.

Another thing to look at is the material shader values for the helmet. Make sure that the value for nmObjectSpace is set to 0. That is normally set to 1 on the 60s driver.

Nice Von Tripps helmet, btw! That pudding helmet is really difficult to work with - that's why I made a new one. :)

EDIT: In looking it over, I fear I made a mistake in my instructions for method 3. You will need to put Content Manager into developer mode to extract the data folder. Instructions to do so can be found at about 56 seconds into this video:
Ok, thanks, yes "driver_pudding" is difficult to skin on the helmet, your version of "Driver_1955" is much easier. But back to the subject, in short: in the content manager the NM is "0". I used the method to replace the file "driver3d" in the folder "Data", it continues mainly in the helmets with a grayish white. I put the "ext.config" file in skins that I would like to replace the "helmet" and changed the "3d driver" of the car to my original "driver_pudding". Then something strange appeared, the colors were correct, but the "map" of the "helmet" was messed up, that is, it looks like something is wrong. I'll try another day more calmly.

Ok, thanks, yes "driver_pudding" is difficult to skin on the helmet, your version of "Driver_1955" is much easier. But back to the subject, in short: in the content manager the NM is "0". I used the method to replace the file "driver3d" in the folder "Data", it continues mainly in the helmets with a grayish white. I put the "ext.config" file in skins that I would like to replace the "helmet" and changed the "3d driver" of the car to my original "driver_pudding". Then something strange appeared, the colors were correct, but the "map" of the "helmet" was messed up, that is, it looks like something is wrong. I'll try another day more calmly.

Feel free to send me a DM and keep me updated. You are the second person who has had a weird issue like this, and I'd like to try to fix it if I can.

I found where my problem was. In the properties of the helmet shader. I changed it to "KsAmbient=0.85", I did a test for a Graham Hill helmet with its version "driver_1955" for my BRM P57/62.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1641774082.png
    __custom_showroom_1641774082.png
    421.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 102 70.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • Better structured forum