Manual H-pattern, sequential shifting, auto throttle blip & auto clutch

I've been using sequential shifters (wheel paddles) since I got my first wheel and recently invested in a TH8A shifter. In the AC controller settings I see that I need to select "separate shifter" to use the H-pattern and disable to return to the wheel paddles.

The AC settings also specify use of auto throttle blip and auto clutch. And to be honest it's not clear to me what setting should be used where.

Sequential - select auto throttle blip and auto clutch?
Can a clutch be used with a GT3 with sequential shifting which is based on an automatic transmission isn't it?

H-pattern - select auto throttle blip (as I don't do heel & toe).
Of course no auto clutch as I have a T3PA set.

Also in most cases I can tell which cars are based on manual or sequential transmissions. For some models like those from late 80s to 90s it's sometimes hard to know. Is there a way to filter the car list in AC by H-pattern and sequential? At least in-game there's no way as far as I can tell

clutch can be used with GT3 .. cars have auto blip and auto throttle cut off ... no need to do anything with throttle while shifting ..

Hpattern: manual clutch, manual blip and lift of ... learn to heel&Toe .. it makes every car 10x more fun .. if you don`t wanna .. you`ll have to shift later when revs are matching ... which means longer braking distance and potential danger of compresion wheel lock ... or use game assist (blip/lift)

if you have selected separate shifter in control menu, game will alow you to only use proper shifting method. You dont need to disable it for sequencial shifters, games switches automaticaly.. also in loading screen it tells you wheter car has autoblip/throttle cut of ..

In car selection there is filter where you can filter by H patterm, sequential, car class, etc .. it is next to BRAND button.

Thanks, appreciate the detailed reply ;)

clutch can be used with GT3 .. cars have auto blip and auto throttle cut off ... no need to do anything with throttle while shifting ..
Sorry I'm a bit of a moron, should I then be using the clutch in some way with GT3 when sequential shifting?
I know that sequential WRC cars have a clutch for stage start and for clutch-kick during turns but they don't otherwise use it.

if you have selected separate shifter in control menu, game will alow you to only use proper shifting method. You dont need to disable it for sequencial shifters, games switches automaticaly.. also in loading screen it tells you wheter car has autoblip/throttle cut of ..
When I added the h-pattern and ran AC it seemed to be that I needed to tick the separate shifter option and save the control profile to use the h-pattern which then seemed to disable the wheel paddles. Are you then saying that I don't need to disable the option as AC handles it depending on the car that is currently selected?

In car selection there is filter where you can filter by H patterm, sequential, car class, etc .. it is next to BRAND button.
Great thanks, I never noticed that must check it

should I then be using the clutch in some way with GT3 when sequential shifting?

No, the clutch is only used to pull away from or come to a stand-still.

When I added the h-pattern and ran AC it seemed to be that I needed to tick the separate shifter option and save the control profile to use the h-pattern which then seemed to disable the wheel paddles. Are you then saying that I don't need to disable the option as AC handles it depending on the car that is currently selected?

If you have both your paddles and h-shifter configured in the controls menu and 'enable separate shifter' ticked then ac will force you to use which ever the real car has. With h-pattern cars you'll need to use your h-shifter and in cars with a sequencial gearbox you'll need to use your paddles.

Thanks, appreciate the detailed reply ;)

Sorry I'm a bit of a moron, should I then be using the clutch in some way with GT3 when sequential shifting?
I know that sequential WRC cars have a clutch for stage start and for clutch-kick during turns but they don't otherwise use it.

Great thanks, I never noticed that must check it

you dont use clutch in GT3 for shifting ... and as AC doesn`t have proper lauching and engine stall you dont need to worry about it if you dont want to .. only if you need to slip cluch (do quick spin when you crush or something) or in race if you wanna start faster ...

if you use separate shifter AC disables paddles in cars that dont have seq.gearbox (paddles or stick) .. and if you are in car with seq.gearbox it disables H-pattern stick ... you dont need to change anything .. just be sure you have both Shift Up/Down and gears for H-pattern shifter mapped ...

Got it now thanks! I've never used a clutch in a GT3 car and assumed it wasn't needed but just wanted to check as the first reply stated "clutch can be used". And in a GT3 I can use the clutch at start/stop like in a WRC car, good to know.

I didn't know that AC is actively applying the shift method based on the car selected. So "use separate shifter" in a sense means use separate shifter if the selected vehicle supports it which AC handles. The opposite would then be that all cars use the wheel paddles I guess, doesn't matter, was just trying to get a handle on things now that I've added the h-pattern and trying to make sure that I'm using the proper method relating to the car.

that separate shifter option basicaly means you have device dedicated to H-pattern shifting so AC know it can switch shifting method based on car and not use their system that punishes you when using paddles in h-pattern shifted cars (shifting is slower- so you are slower) ...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back