Mandalika

Tracks Mandalika 4.0 (Major Visual Update)

Login or Register an account to download this content
encrypted track that has nothing to do on RD, full of flickering problems, full of objects on the road that overlap and create CUTs in line with REALPENALTY where there should be none, for example the green plane passes under some vibrator which causes repeated CUTs
I'm going to report to RD, I'm really tired of encryption
Sorry but overlapping object as far as I know are not caused by encryption, most likely it's by modelling problem or by player's CSP adaptive plane setting that affect object visual render in certain distance (which not causing overlapping in very near distance). Thank you

I didn't say that this problem comes from the encryption, but that the encrypted mods have nothing to do on RD
moreover the green parts are seen in the surface.ini as not valid, on the circuit one can drive on it that must be valid

Last edited:
Thanks to you so I can deeply understand the main cause of the problem and helping me to fix the issue. Sorry for making you wait so long until this problem is finally resolved. hope you enjoy the track :thumbsup:
Most of the flickering is gone now, but there's still a rest of flickering. All tire barriers without adboards infront, still flicker from the far distance. It's caused by the meshes 1WALL_tembok? (? stands for different numbers) of the black boards, that are infront of the tires meshes. Maybe you can adress this in your next update. And once again, the flickering is not a CSP settings problem as I use the CSP standard setting for adaptive clip planes (not a low setting as you wrote) and 98% of my 450 tracks don't have any flickering with this standard setting. Maybe it's possible to reduce the flickering by increasing the adaptive clip plane values, but this has an massive performance impact in VR and so it's no good idea for just a handful of tracks.

Last edited:
LianoProjects updated Mandalika with a new update entry:

Update 3.0 [Major Changes] - Elevation Changes, Texture, Reflection, Landscape Updates

Major Update 3.0
  • Major elevation updates. Changes to the chamber and track elevation at corners 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 (details in showcase on my youTube)
  • New reworked wide kerbs model
  • Changes to the texture of the kerb which is now more detailed (dirty on the racing line, clean outside the racing line)
  • Improved the texture of trees and other vegetation (Treeline, Poly trees). Treeline reflection no...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@LianoProjects for a much smoother view you might want to change the jumbotron cameras to...
CAMERA_X_TARGET = FOCUSED_CAR
(instead of the current CLOSEST_CAR)
...to stop the jumbotron strobing rapidly like there's an electrical fault when a pack of cars drives past.

Update 3.1 - New AI, Model & Texture Changes, Big Screen Update

Update 3.1
  • New AI, after update 3.0 I noticed the old AI from 2.1 is not working optimally in this version. So I make a new one that makes the AI much more tough to race
  • Changes in grandstands roof, in previous version I noticed the roof of the tribunes looks different to real life
  • Tarmac and groove line texture update
  • Giant/big screen cameras update, now big screen cameras changes to focused car instead of the closest car to stop it switching from one car to...

This is just a question and not a criticism on this amazing project... but I see the green squares (indicating that the track is clear) flashing everytime

what's the reason? impossible to do different? A problem on my side with content manager?

This is just a question and not a criticism on this amazing project... but I see the green squares (indicating that the track is clear) flashing everytime

what's the reason? impossible to do different? A problem on my side with content manager?
Hi PaoloManzi,
The flashing green lights were actually made with my intention to make drivers know if the track are clear or not. Actually, I want the green flash to turn on just a few seconds (after the yellow flag has been raised), but as far as I know, it's not possible to do in CSP so I make the green flash always turn on when the track condition is clear.

Last edited:

Update 3.2 - New AI, Model & Texture Changes, Big Screen Update

!!! BEFORE UPDATING TO 3.2 PLEASE DELETE THE OLD MANDALIKA (3.1 OR OLDER) FOLDER !!!

Update 3.2

• Added track spectator/crowd
  • New much detailed verge texture, added concrete verge at some corners following IRL track
  • Fixed all misplaced kerb and incorrect kerb height
  • Painted kerbs now not make the car vibrate
  • All kerbs are now not detected as off-track (so be careful to not past the white lines)
  • Fixed minor small...

Update 4.0 (Major Visual Update) - Major Texture Changes, More Pitboxes, Landscape Detail Changes

Major Update 4.0 (Major Visual Update) - Texture Changes, More Pitboxes, and Landscape Detail Updates
  • Added 3 more pit boxes (total 30 now)
  • Updated trackside/verge color from green to red following real track changes
  • Readjusted kerbs and motif texture color following recent track repainting in the real track
  • Updates to buildings model on top of 360 hill (near T10)
  • Added green geotextile fabric in 360 hill
  • Updated Pertamina billboard model near Turn 10...

Thanks for the update.
Couple of things I noticed:
The trees on this hill have 'telegraph wire' pixel artefacts above them (you can just make them out in the image, but they are a lot more obvious when driving), and the groove/skidmarks are floating about a foot above the track in places, which gets very distracting in VR.
1711958909003.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.
Couple of things I noticed:
The trees on this hill have 'telegraph wire' pixel artefacts above them (you can just make them out in the image, but they are a lot more obvious when driving), and the groove/skidmarks are floating about a foot above the track in places, which gets very distracting in VR.
View attachment 742975
Thanks again for noticing another issue! I had no VR so such issues were not noticed when I working on the mod. I may fix this in the next update :thumbsup:

I love this track. However, I have identified 2 issues.

1) The AI car that begins at the back of the grid cannot move

2) Touching the wall at the back of the finish makes the car spin crazily until you are warped back to the pits

Keep up the good work!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea