rF2 Mak-Corp '91 Group C @ Le Mans - Thu 17 Jan 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Indeed Denis it was great fun ..the cars are superb ...I messed up on the last lap, lost around 4 places, but that is racing for ya. As I crossed the finish line I ran out of fuel !! ....no it was just pure luck :rolleyes:

I hope we can do this again in the very near future :thumbsup:

Congrads to the podiums ..very well deserved :thumbsup:

Awesome race! Apologies for a few mistakes I could avoid... We need a rerun of this event. Too good combo seriously.
I wanna run these cars again, very soon. I think we should try then on some other tracks, but Le Mans is the track they were designed for (almost), so we will certainly revist this combo. Some time in the summer, I expect. :)
Sorry for missing the event, decided to have a quick nap when I came home but woke up now :(

I hope you all had a good bit of fun and that we'll use these again at some point :)
NP Jonatan, thanks for letting us know. We had a storming evening's racing, thanks. :)
Do your best to make it for the next one. These cars are just sublime.

Indeed Denis it was great fun ..the cars are superb ...I messed up on the last lap, lost around 4 places, but that is racing for ya. As I crossed the finish line I ran out of fuel !! ....no it was just pure luck :rolleyes:
I hope we can do this again in the very near future :thumbsup:
Congrads to the podiums ..very well deserved :thumbsup:
Thanks Craig and thanks to everyone for joining and making this a fun event. I just hope we can bring in a few (5 or 10) more drivers for the next one. Be sure to let people know about these cars. :thumbsup:

Fun combo, though the race was a bit lonely (I responded to @kamackeris in a pretended annoyed voice when he said he can almost see me and I saw that he keeps getting closer, only to regret it shortly after when I realized that it would be more fun to have someone to race with), but the suspense of the last couple of laps have more than made up for it I guess. Can't believe I could've been on the podium have I not desperately saved the fuel during the last lap in an attempt to squeeze one more lap out of it with @kamackeris promptly taking advantage of that, but oh well :)

Congrats to the podium and thanks all for the race!

I have a recording of my race as always, but see above, I'm not sure if anyone would be interested.

Fun combo, though the race was a bit lonely
I have a recording of my race as always, but see above, I'm not sure if anyone would be interested.
My race was pretty lonely too. It would be great though, if somebody who had a good battle, could post a couple of clips. It might give people an idea of how much fun these cars are to drive?

Jumping into rfactor2 cold turkey like that, there's surprises to be had!

After figuring out menus and buttons in practice and hacking a lap in qualy, I was already laughing about how I presumed to be ready just because I sometimes drive competitive in AC or R3E, wow what a wake up call.
Come the race and tyres got flatspotted in half a lap! spent the race with my wheel self destructing alongside my arms. When you think it couldn't get worse, you flatspot again because of course I would, and now the car is jumping around side-to-side in the main straights uncontrollable and your real life arms look like they have motion blur.
And while you are there shaking like an addict trying to hit apexes, there was math to be done because if X = Liters per lap and Y = Fuel remaining, then Z must surely equal accident! And I loved it.

Lessons were learned and I had to jump into the game again after the race ended for some laps that i'd be proud of.

I hope we drive these cars again sooner than 6 months. I'll have forgotten how a simulator for hardened men drives like!

Cheers

I hope we drive these cars again sooner than 6 months. I'll have forgotten how a simulator for hardened men drives like!
I'm planning to run these cars ~ every 4 weeks.... something like that.
I'm so glad you enjoyed the racing last night. I know you're gonna be ready next time. :roflmao:
Thanks for spreading the word, these cars are too good to keep secret. ;)

spent the race with my wheel self destructing alongside my arms
It was mentioned on TS, but the default FFB setting of 5 this mod has is ridiculously high (with the default multiplier of 1.0), you're clipping half the time. Which tends to be kind of a common thing with mods in my experience (or they go the opposite way and the default FFB is set very low for the cars). Plus the various jolts and effects are quite pronounced for these cars as well in the FFB "mix", which only makes matters worse. Personally, I was running FFB at 3 (multiplier 1.0) and it was just about right.

Did you learn about cooling also? It makes a difference in drag and brake performance.
Generally you want to run your oil just over 100 c, but for these sprint races you can get away with as high as 115-120 c.
Also i have found the minimum allowed tyre pressure to be fastest in all mods.

Yeah after the race ended I jumped back in and took a look at the setup. Radiator, lower pressures, high ride and soft dampers for the kerbs, with barely any wing and some gear ratio tweaks made the car pass 370+ kph in the straights for lap times around 3:26s

Its great stuff I'm liking the game so far!

Fun to drive on this track these cars. But the top speed ( 380 ) on the straight ( with 2 chicanes ) seems very unrealistic . The real Quali times from the first year with chicanes..1990 also suggest this since they where about 7 seconds slower than was possible in the Sauber -in game-. On the other hand Sauber whernt in the lineup for 1990 --so who knows.:O_o:

Fun to drive on this track these cars. But the top speed ( 380 ) on the straight ( with 2 chicanes ) seems very unrealistic . The real Quali times from the first year with chicanes..1990 also suggest this since they where about 7 seconds slower than was possible in the Sauber -in game-. On the other hand Sauber whernt in the lineup for 1990 --so who knows.:O_o:
The car has a theoretical top speed of 407 and reached 400 in 1989 before the chicane was added, so I don't see why not.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.