rF2 Mak-Corp '91 Group C @ Le Mans - Thu 17 Jan 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I will most likely be completely outpaced, but I'd still like to take part in this, thank you.

BTW are there any recommendations/requirements regarding setup? The Porsche, for example, has two different engines and two rear wing variants available, and I'm not really sure which am I supposed to use?

I will most likely be completely outpaced, but I'd still like to take part in this, thank you.

BTW are there any recommendations/requirements regarding setup? The Porsche, for example, has two different engines and two rear wing variants available, and I'm not really sure which am I supposed to use?
Now you are asking
I was in single player and the AI were very fast on the straight.
I think it's best to try everything and go with what you find is fastest.

If you find anything out, please post in this thread to help others out. :thumbsup:

I'll add you to the sign up list, you won't be slowest. ;)

The WSC engine is AWSOME on the Porsche. I have to get up for work in the morning, otherwise, I'd be driving this ALL NIGHT! :D

You made a good question, because it always need clarification.

What's visual and what's not on the upgrades:

- The long and short Porsche wings are only visual changes. The big change for Le Mans and Daytona is the drag of the front setting at the garage (High and Low downforce). The rear wing works as a balancer of the front wing downforce, because the diffuser below the car is what create most of the downforce (same for the Mazda)

- Porsche engines: IMSA and WSC, both have almost the same power throught the RPM range (check on the boost setting on the garage to see the power at every step). The big difference between the engines is the response of the turbo. The WSC is more versatil and have a soft hitch of the turbo, while the IMSA is abit more laggy and wild when the turbo effect comes. Both engines have the same fuel consumption.

- Porsche tires/rims. Rims and covers are only visual, the real physics change is between compounds and brands (Goodyear/Yokohama)

Two setups for Porsche and Mazda for Le Mans with lowest downforce. Just check how much fuel do you use at every boost or mixture setting compared with your lap time, having in mind that 1 liter of fuel take 1 second to be fil.

Good luck and enjoy.

Attachments

• 962-18UC.svm
    4.5 KB · Views: 128
  • MazdaLM.svm
    4.4 KB · Views: 150
Thanks for the responses. I didn't have enough time to conclusively test the variations, so I had no real idea how (or if) they affect the times or anything, really. I only noticed the second engine (WSC?) felt kinda "smoother", but the first was redlining at the Mulsane straight right before the first chicane, while the other did not.

I'll test it more tomorrow to see what I like more and what is better for me, but again, really appreciate the responses.

I could beat you in these nice cars but i'm away for 3 weeks.
Btw, the default camber settings are off with new version of rfactor 2. Check the tyre heating across the tire, the middle and outside never gets used. You should go lot less negative camber.

I could beat you in these nice cars but i'm away for 3 weeks.
Btw, the default camber settings are off with new version of rfactor 2. Check the tyre heating across the tire, the middle and outside never gets used. You should go lot less negative camber.
Aw... I love it when you beat me too. Yeh, they are very nice cars. Maybe see you on track, after you get back home. BTW thanks for the advice on camber.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back