Low FPS, CPU bound, i7 8700k without changing anything

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
Premium
Mod edit: These posts were extracted from the GBW Suite thread.

Are there any changes for version 2.0 that influence performance?

Since I installed version 2.0 I have SEVERELY reduced performance with Assetto Corsa without any other changes to Assetto Corsa than having removed the former version of gbwS and freshly installed v2.0

Before I had reliable FPS of ~100 - 120, now I have 60 - 75 with occasional substantial stuttering (FPS dipping as low as into the 40 FPS).

This is of course unusable for online racing :-(

I do not use reshade or any other visual mods.
I have compared those frame rates with the identical event setup (having loaded a saved preset from Content Manager.

As a workaround to those very bad FPS I am temporarily trying to reduce MSAA in Content Manager to only 4x as that gave a good boost in the past but preferably I would like to find out how to get back to the old performance without going back to gbwS v1.3.

Last edited by a moderator:
The GPU load seems a little jumpy (84%-100%)
The CPU main T relaxed into 71%
Your graphics card is the limiting factor then. That's why the reflection rendering didn't increase the fps but instead the 8x MSAA and the higher reflection resolution are heavier on the GPU.
BTW: try to lower Anisotropic Filtering to 8x. Somehow it is very heavy on the graphics card in Assetto Corsa! 20% GPU load for me. More than MSAA :O_o:

Your graphics card is the limiting factor then. That's why the reflection rendering didn't increase the fps but instead the 8x MSAA and the higher reflection resolution are heavier on the GPU.
BTW: try to lower Anisotropic Filtering to 8x. Somehow it is very heavy on the graphics card in Assetto Corsa! 20% GPU load for me. More than MSAA :O_o:
I will test this shortly but i also did the test with 4x AA and i got 10-15 fps back.

The quality didn't seem any different

Another 8 FPS loss which in total i lost 16 fps. The differences were so marginal these options are stupid and should be avoided at all costs.
That’s why there is no distance setting on the default launcher. Only in cm:p
But I agree!
Beware though that the FPS drop gets worse with ai cars or ac apps activated!
GPU Settings stay around the same. More cars aren’t so heavy on the gpu but the reflections will bring your cpu on it’s knees.

That’s why there is no distance setting on the default launcher. Only in cm:p
But I agree!
Beware though that the FPS drop gets worse with ai cars or ac apps activated!
GPU Settings stay around the same. More cars aren’t so heavy on the gpu but the reflections will bring your cpu on it’s knees.
Not so sure about that because i got an Intel Xeon X5660 OC at 4.4 GHZ and i've never seen any stutter ever since i installed this beauty in my system.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back