Lotus Type 49 @ Monza 1966

Propably this setup is all wrong and so on, but spent quite bit of time getting that lap time and getting the car do what i need it to do. Still not doing it all though, the slow corners are causing me trouble.

I'm struggling with this setup, it's WAY too 'oversteery' for me. Loosening the diff helps a little bit but even then I swap ends too easily.

Hi all, new to the forums, been lurking around for quite some time though

i have some questions about this lotus 49 and monza 66 , i saw this video on youtube

1.27.504s

that is blazing fast, i cannot get lower than 1.32s atm :(

i tried all the setups here but i can't get why the guy in the video is able to crank up to 295 km/h top speed when my car tops at 282-283 km/h

also i notice in the video at 1:05 in the Vialeone corner he can do it at about 277 km/h , i have to loose gas or the car will go out of bounds, i think more than 250 something is a no go for me, don't know what i am doing wrong here

any tips?

i have some questions about this lotus 49 and monza 66 , i saw this video on youtube

1.27.504s

i tried all the setups here but i can't get why the guy in the video is able to crank up to 295 km/h top speed when my car tops at 282-283 km/h

also i notice in the video at 1:05 in the Vialeone corner he can do it at about 277 km/h , i have to loose gas or the car will go out of bounds, i think more than 250 something is a no go for me, don't know what i am doing wrong here

any tips?
Yep, setups need to be updated. Many things changed in AC since.

If anyone is still interested I made my own setup.
On high speed it is a little bit understeery but in a way which enables to go through corner flat out.
I hope you like it :)
I did with it 1:28.3xx but I think we can go lower than 1:28.0 easily.

Attachments

• lotus49 monza66.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 525
First things first: I LOVE this mod so far. Takes me back to the days of VROC, and I see at least one guy here I remember from there and then. But it's hugely better than the GPL version was, and the laptimes (not to mention the tracks) are a lot more realistic.

Monza: I guess the 1:27xx is elusive, but it's not at all unattainable. I just ran two of them, back to back in qualifying for our hour long race there, which we finished about an hour and a half ago. 1:27.645, and 1:27.777 respectively, and I'm carrying an extra "league balancing" weight of +15kg onboard my Lotus.

Am I allowed a league plug as a followup or would I be violating the rules? I'll take a chance here, but if anyone knows I really shouldn't, just PM me (and thanks): Our Sunday night Historics league is racing these @ cmsracing.com.
Click the DISCORD link at the top for an automatic invite, then find us--league discussion and league info--in the CMS list.

Hope to see some of you out there....

Attachments

• L49 127 645.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

1.27.504s

any tips?
There could be several reasons for his higher top speed. Could be he's running less toe (at both ends) than you are, or he might even be running none at all. Could be his tires are more inflated than yours are, and it's likely he has it tweaked so he can put down the power really well. It's more likely to be one of these, I think, than something more simple--like he's outbraking you, and that's why his laptimes are so low. Maybe he is, or maybe he's not.

When it comes to laptimes, there is less to be gained from the brakes than from putting down the power, or cornering. The time you spend braking is pretty small (out of any given lap) than is the time you spend doing everything else.
Read: "Going Faster*," by Greg Lopez for more on this subject--how all the parts of driving a given lap fit together, that is.

[* BTW, this book was the unofficial "racing manual" for the Skip Barber Racing School(s). A LOT of what's in there applies to sim-racing as well as to real racing.]

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back