AC Lotus Evora GTC @ Nurbs Sprint Mon 19th Jan 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sounds like I've missed a great race. Stupid body of mine.
Couldn't post this until now but my fastest time during the practice I got in was 1:31.4xx which would have put me 8th.

It's good to see I still have some speed in me, just working on being able to sit longer at my wheel to do a race.
I don't think I'm that to far away, once some warmer gets in, I think things should settle down a bit.

I'm new to this, so couple of questions for the future if you don't mind.

About tyre wear... is the in-game slider setting X1 equivalent to 100% server setting for tyre wear? I did some testing yesterday prior to the event with X3 tyre wear as I thought that's the "100%" mentioned in the OP, but then noticed in Practice that my tyres lasted much longer than during my test session.

About TeamSpeak... I always use a headset(Func HS-260 plugged directly into cpu) when driving and I couldn't hear a thing on TS last night from under the game sounds even though I had set Control Panel -> Sound -> Communications -> When Windows detects communications activity -> Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%. I'm on Win 7 and that setting didn't seem to work at all. What kind of settings(in Windows and possibly TS) are other headset users using to make this work properly?

Thanks again for last nights racing, it was awesome. Short recap on previous page. :)

tyre wear was 100% however grip levels were reduced, maybe this was making your tyres last longer.

I'm new to this, so couple of questions for the future if you don't mind.

About tyre wear... is the in-game slider setting X1 equivalent to 100% server setting for tyre wear? I did some testing yesterday prior to the event with X3 tyre wear as I thought that's the "100%" mentioned in the OP, but then noticed in Practice that my tyres lasted much longer than during my test session.

x1 equals 100%
x2 equals 200%
etc.

I always use a headset(Func HS-260 plugged directly into cpu) when driving and I couldn't hear a thing on TS last night from under the game sounds even though I had set Control Panel -> Sound -> Communications -> When Windows detects communications activity -> Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%. I'm on Win 7 and that setting didn't seem to work at all. What kind of settings(in Windows and possibly TS) are other headset users using to make this work properly?

I had the same problem. Right click (or something similar) on the sound logo in the bottom bar of your windows and you can open the controls were you have a bar for each independent program. I have AC at around 20% if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
For setting different levels of audio output you need to go into your audio mixer when the game and team speak are running.
Go over to the bottom right of your desktop, in the task bar, right click on the speaker icon that's there and choose the top option, which is the mixer.
In there, you will see sliders for every sound output available.

Note, you need the game to be running, not just the launcher, as they are different programme's as far as sound is concerned.

(Which is basically what Adria said. It took me that long to write this, in not a morning person, lol, and he got there first)

Sounds like I've missed a great race. Stupid body of mine.
Couldn't post this until now but my fastest time during the practice I got in was 1:31.4xx which would have put me 8th.

It's good to see I still have some speed in me, just working on being able to sit longer at my wheel to do a race.
I don't think I'm that to far away, once some warmer gets in, I think things should settle down a bit.
That would have been yet another contestant in the close higher midfield pack :p Hope to see you on track soon.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.