RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

Looking for some tactile immersion feedback.

Howdy-

I read through the tactile immersion thread a bit and I'll be honest, there is a lot there to digest. Without the ability to currently experiment and get familiar with all of the terminology, I figured I'd start my own thread to see if I could get some specific feedback. My budget is ~$500 USD, but it is pretty flexible.

I currently have a SimLab P1-X rig with a GT Omega RS-XL seat bolted to it. Pretty standard, nothing too out of this world.

rig.jpg

1. I was considering running 6 shakers/transducers, 1 on each corner of the P1-X, 1 under the pedals, and 1 under the seat. I was thinking being able to isolate specific effects only to specific outputs would be nice, but realistically- would I notice any difference running in this configuration vs 2 under the pedals and 2 under the seat and just doing a front/rear setup?

Next is hardware... there is so much differing of opinions and thoughts out there around hardware. I am sure you guys get asked this a lot and the answers seem to change quite a bit because there are so many options.

2. If I wanted to run the 6 outputs (corners, seat, pedals), should I opt for different hardware for corners vs under seat/pedals? I assume I would want something stronger for under the seat, but I am not sure. Wanted to see what the general consensus was here.

3. What is the current recommendations for transducers/amp combos? There is so much information and honestly, the more I read- the more confused I get and it's getting to the point of analysis paralysis. I am just looking for a pretty standard list of "these work with this". I know there is a lot of information to consider that is pretty indepth- but for someone who is just looking for a shopping list- what would you recommend personally?

I was looking at running 3x https://www.parts-express.com/Pyle-PCA4-Mini-2x120-Watt-Stereo-Power-Amplifier-310-2214 , each would power 2x https://www.parts-express.com/Aurasound-AST-2B-4-Pro-Bass-Shaker-299-028

Sorry, I know you guys probably get questions like these a lot. There is just so much "in the weeds" topics out there, it's hard to actually know where to start from the beginning.

Last edited: