Looking for Bathurst

Well. Having just watched a good portion of Bathurst 12 hours yesterday, I was looking forward to driving Bathurst today. I assumed it was already IN Race 07 plus all the addons I've purchased, but ALAS!! It's nowhere to be found it seems.
SO! I assumed it would be easy to find a download for Bathurst. Shockingly, I STILL can't find it anywhere, tho I see videos on YouTuber of people racing Bathurst in Race 07.
uh ... what's up with this? Any tips on where I can get this track? I'm rather shocked at how difficult it appears to be to find it.

Problem with Bathurst has always been licensing. Codemassters holds the license for V8 Supercars, and therefore also Bathurst I believe. So getting a legal version, is almost impossible unfortunately.

"Legal version" .. uh ... I find that confusing. How can a user-made track add-on be illegal? I can understand licensing issues causing SimBin to not be able to include it, but user-made? I don't get it.

Those rules apply for you, as a single user, as well as for SimBin, as a producer of software.
Yes, you are allowed to make and use it, but no, you are not allowed to share it, or for us, as Racedepartment, to use it and host events on it.

Besides licensing, there is also copyright. Which basicly means that you cant steal work from others. This also limits the options, as in converting it from another game (which is basicly never allowed).

Sure, i understand the converting it from another game aspect too. Makes sense and I certainly don't dispute that.
Just for the sake of discussion tho, what about scratch made user content? How would a user-made Bathurst (or any other commercial track) be any different from, say, any large commercial user-made airport for a flight sim?
Fair nuf tho. Just seems a bit extreme to me. Symptomatic of the current copyright/patent madness I guess.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back