F1 2010 Looking at your team mate

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I've heard a lot of people say the message your crew gives about looking at your teammates setup is bs and there is no way to do it. Lastnite, for the first time, I was given the option of looking at my teammate while in the garage. When I looked I could only see their rank/wins/etc... compared to mine. Has anyone else unlocked this, and if so, will I eventually get to a point where I can see his setup?

I'm pretty sure that's available right from the start when you're in the garage. I remember checking it at Melbourne I think. But it seems to be just a comparison team so you can keep track of how well you're doing compared to your teammate.

As for being able to view his actual set-ups I think thats just waffle your engineer spouts to sound proper.

Oh okay. It's weird, my crew didn't mention anything about my teammate until I finished at Melborne and I couldn't see it before, at least I don't think I could. Weird! I have to say that it doesn't make much sense to even want to look at that stuff at that point of the game. Your goal is to always beat your teammate, so why waste cycles given us the option to see comparisons there. Just add it to the contract portion when you can look at your team and teammates bio.

i wouldnt want to look at my team mates setup he sucks lol cant wait to get a better team mate and challenge for the constructor championship cant wait to see that trophy sitting beside my drivers chapionship in my paddock lovin it lol but yeah im pretty sure that the option to look at your team mate was always there as far as i can remember io looked at it in the first race of my career but could be mistaken

Hmmm understood. Maybe because I hadn't looked over at him that my crew chief decided to do a little presentation about him being over there and I really could do it the whole time. In either case, the info is useless at that point IMO. I totally agree about why would I want to because yes he sucks and I don't. I'm on poll and he's bringing up the rear. But I'm also not racing at the highest difficulty yet either, so...

I've heard a lot of people say the message your crew gives about looking at your teammates setup is bs and there is no way to do it. Lastnite, for the first time, I was given the option of looking at my teammate while in the garage. When I looked I could only see their rank/wins/etc... compared to mine. Has anyone else unlocked this, and if so, will I eventually get to a point where I can see his setup?

It's just a little bit of sarcasm from the engineer :)
I wouldn't want my teammate's (di Grassi) setup if he paid me for it lol.

The whole point of looking at your team mate is to see who's in front. It shows comparsions for things like "outraced" "podiums" etc then gives you a little white dot for each category. There's five categories from memory (I'm at work at the moment so can't check). Presently I have 4 dots to my team mate's 1. So I guess I'm beating him 4 to 1.

Press the left arrow while in the box twice and you can see your m8 including stats :)

I don't think that's what the OP means.

If your team-mate is beating you in quali' your race engineer will say something like "Your times are all down on [team-mate]'s. Perhaps we should copy his settings?"

AFAIK, there isn't actually any way TO view or copy your team-mates suspension, ride height, wing or gear settings etc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back