Lola T70 Mk II Chevy @ Road America

Eric Broadley's ubiquitous Lola T70 was the mainstay of the Group 7 era of sports-racing cars. This ver (by one 'aphidgod') is a fine representation of the Chevy-powered Spider (there's also a Ford-powered Spider, slightly less power, slightly less weight, same overall performance). It only has four forward gears and no onboard brake-balance adjustment, but--huzzah!--a working gas gauge! Ten lap race setup.

Why I test at Elkhart Lake. 1. It doesn't have any stupidly slow hairpins or chicanes, which interfere with repeatability; at least the way I drive. Spa would be ideal if it weren't for that ugly, contorted chicane at the end of the lap. 2. The Carousel. Unlike the Nordschleife's Karusel (tight and lumpy), RA's Carousel is the closest thing you'll find to a high-speed, steady-state skid pad (or 'pan' as they call it in Blighty). It will give you an indication of absolute grip, with numbers you can compare, car-to-car and setup-to-setup (anything below 100 mph = pokey; anything over = speedy). 3. The Kink. The scariest turn in North America. Little cars will barely notice it, but big cars will make or break a lap-time depending on whether or not your setup will allow you to take it flat out.

Attachments

• Elkhart_09-05-2020.ini
    1 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 5 27.8%