Logitech wingman formula force - FFB moving wheel left/right while,sitting in pits!

Realise it's a pretty old wheel but cash is short to replace it and it works fine with LFS and Race07 but with Stockcar it wobbles from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock (or worse) while the car is sitting in the garage and it's not driveable on track as the car pulls left or right into the barriers. Have tried changing feedback from negative to positive, also tried changing all sorts of things in Logitech profiler. However unless i completely turn force feedback off in the game, it's undrivable. Missing out of the Fbb is a major pain as everyone raves about how good it is, which is why I bought the game :( any suggestions (other than buy a new wheel !) thanks

Hm... its a 180 or 250 degree rotation wheel, so maybe that is the problem. Go into control options ingame and play abit with the options I have highlighted...
2015-12-29_00001.jpg
Maybe set "custom steering range" to yes and "steering wheel range" to 180.

Its normal for logitech wheels to vibrate abit in center sometimes, but not that much.

Another thing you can try, in Logitech profiler set centering spring to zero, but leave it ticked (enabled). That option is sometimes finicky.

I tried "custom steering range" = yes and "steering wheel range" = 180 which didn't resolve it
So in "Logitech profiler set centering spring to zero, but left it ticked (enabled)" which didnt help either.

The realfeel change was trickier as the only keyboard in the house is a Logitech wireless one that has no numeric keypad or Num Lock key. I believe you are meant to be able to press Ctrl and the numeric keypad buttons to make changes up/down. However i did edit the INI file in Notepad and changed every occurrence of SmoothingLevel=0 to =1 which didnt help so also set it to 5....which again didnt help
All a bit depressing !!

I bumped the Realfeel setting SmoothingLevel to 9 (which on another post suggested was the highest setting). Still the same outcome, per linked youtube video -
if that helps shed light on things....As soon as i click the arrow to go into "drive" mode the wheel starts moving.....I so want this to work !!....thanks in advance

In control settings, set a keyboard key for "reset ffb". Then try to press it after you get out of pits, while moving at more than 10 kmh.

Another possibility is that your ffb is too strong. Did you try setting it to 50 or less ingame or in the profiler?

Last edited:
Well, thanks to all the suggestions and the confidence/knowledge it gave me, I seem to have found a compromise setup that works.
  • In profiler, global device settings....reverting it back to default with "enable cantering spring in force feedback games" unticked
  • In realfeel plugin.ini setting "smoothing level" to 7
  • In game, selecting Logitech WingmanFF, "enable custom steering range" to no (even tho the wheel is only 180 degree of movement)
  • "Force feedback effects" to Low
  • "Force feedback strength" to -60%
Have only tried on the Metalmoro so far, but fingers crossed
I don't feel a lot (any) of cornering feedback Eg when the car is about to under steer but am guessing that's a trade off with having to set the FFB strength to -60 rather an -100

Many thanks all and happy driving in 2016

I will try smoothing at 6. I went from 9 (OK) to 5 (not ok), then to 7 so I will give 6 a go. Though 7 was borderline with "random wobbling" so 6 might be too much. Oh well, at least it's drivable at 7 even if the FFB doesn't have much feel

Damn...pressed post by mistake!
And profiler center Spring strength at 60%

This seems to give a bit of feel, though zero under steer "lightness". I will keep tweaking and after all it's a pretty cheap old wheel so maybe shouldn't expect too much
Main this is I can now drive in a straight line without the car pulling to the side, so that's a win :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back