Logitech G27 upgrade advice

Hi guys,
I'm a very F1 lover and I satisfy my passion following F1 world and simulating F1 with my system PS3+F12011+Logitech G27.

Now I'd like to upgrade my G27 switching its steering wheel with a F1 mod compatible.
I saw a lot of model: ARC's models, RF's model, szoro's model, but I don't know if they are compatible with ps3. Anyhow they are too expensive for a student like me.

May anyone of you advising me something?

Thank

I don't know anything about modding the G27, but if the original G27 is compatible with the PS3, then anything you bolt on top of it can't change that.
If it's just a visual thing, that is. I doubt all the extra buttons and switches would work.
Unless they're wired to the default G27 buttons, and they probably are. I have no clue what I'm talking about, wish I could delete this post, LOL.

Upvote 0
Hi Man
I think its that the forum is full of the same question dude, not that people cant help.

Your best bet is to wait till Fanatec bring out the F1 wheel and base, this is what I think everyone is waiting for as you can change the wheel quick and easy.
I know you have a G27 but the F1 wheels/mods dont work on ps3 (at least I dont think they do) and if they did, it would still be cheeper to buy the new Fanatec wheel then a Roso or a ARC.

Upvote 0
They will be selling it as a package too, with the base unit.
I know its buying a new wheel and base unit and probably a new set of peddles too, but then it would be a new wheel for a long time, as you can replace the wheel with different ones when they bring them out.
My point would be that (it looks) at the moment that it would be better for people to sell the G27 and buy a fanatec as it will be more versatile to suit peoples needs, (given that you can switch from F1 to GT bmw wheel)

But saying that, the G27 has been out for some time now, so I wouldnt be supprised if logitech released an F1 addon like thrustmaster have, you know what its like when one company has something good, the rest follow suit.
:wink:

Upvote 0
you could get the chilicoke mod and put any brand of wheel on it, if your after anything more like buttons etc im not sure how you would go with adding that stuff with a PS3 and get it to work, if you can use a controller for extra buttons while using the G27 maybe you could mod it into the wheel somehow?

Upvote 0
you could get the chilicoke mod and put any brand of wheel on it, if your after anything more like buttons etc im not sure how you would go with adding that stuff with a PS3 and get it to work, if you can use a controller for extra buttons while using the G27 maybe you could mod it into the wheel somehow?
sorry for my ignorance, but what's for chilicoke? it's a brand?
where i can find it? can you give me some URLs?

Upvote 0
I see this is about a month old but just in case this info. is helpful I thought I'd post it.
I love F1 as well and use the Logitech G27. One thing I will point out about some of the other options out there is the lack of buttons on the actual wheel or their distance from the rim. I use several buttons when racing PS3 F1:2010 (look, pit call, pit limiter etc.) and it's important that they are easily accessible. Apart from the Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster T500 with F1 wheel many either don't have buttons on the steering wheel or they are much closer to center causing a bit of a stretch to use.
I have read that Fanatec will also have an F1 wheel available in the near future and like Thrustmaster, is likely to make a couple of different wheels to be used with their main unit. I have not heard the same about Logitech, however, it would seem logical that they may follow suit to get a piece of that pie.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back