F1 2011 Logitech G27 settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,
After messing around with the steering wheel settings for about 6 hours I still haven't found a comfortable set-up.
Currently I'm using 330 degrees in the profiler and 0% in all settings in-game (FFB is 50-70-100)
The on screen wheel matches my movements great but I cant help feeling its still not dialled in.
In slow corners it seems ok but in faster ones and on the straights my car is all over the place with oversteer. Id like a little more resistance from the wheel at higher speeds tbh.
Anyone else found a decent set-up yet?
Cheers.

My Logitech G27 Settings

Taken from a verity of other peoples settings and tweaked for my liking.
It's not quite 1:1, but it's pretty close, almost perfect.
Feels very nice and just works.

Logitech Profiler:
Overall Effects Strength - 107%
Spring Effect Strength - 107%
Damper Effect Strength - 107%

[✓] Enable Centering Spring in Force Feedback Games
Centering Spring Strength - 100%

Steering Wheel Settings:
[] Report Combined Pedals
Degrees of Rotation 315°

Game Settings:
[] Allow Game to Adjust Settings

In-Game:
Advanced Wheel Settings:
Steering Deadzone - 0%
Steering Saturation - 5%
Steering Linerity - 0%
Throttle Deadzone - 0%
Throttle Saturation - 0%
Break Deadzone - 0%
Break Saturation - 0%

Force Feedback Options:
Feedback - On
Environmental Effects - 20%
Feedback Strength - 100%
Wheel Weight - 100%

Driving Controls:
Override Input Device Type - Steering Wheel

Very Good G27 Set Up for F1 2011

These are the best settings for G27.

Profiler..
rotation 315
strength 107%
all other settings 0 and centering spring unchecked.

(the 107% strength setting was found be an iRacing member to be the perfect setting to reduce the light feeling at the center in logitech wheels. Any higher and you get unwanted oscillation, any lower and you get lightness at the center.)

(download this file to fix awful vibration error on wheel.. http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=5708
And place it in the forcefeedback directory in the game install directory.)

Ingame..
environment 20%
force strength 80% (higher and you loose fidelity)
weight 30%

set controller type to g27 and leave all advanced controls like linearity and saturation as they are at 0
If you need to remap the dpad controls from the shifter to the remaining red buttons on the wheel it will set profile to custom, so then you need to put override type to steering wheel.

(setting linearity and saturation to anything higher than 0 will ruin setup. They are more designed for pads or if you can't change wheel rotation. All wheels should be setup to be linear, and 0 gives linearity in f1 2011.)

To prevent lockup of brakes, set brake balance in car to 52% forward.
After doing extensive testing I find these to be the perfect settings.

Hope this helps.

Mark, I tried your wheel settings on my G27 and will never look back! It feels so much better than all other settings I had before. The only thing I had to change for me is Environmental down from 20% to 10%, because I had a slight rattle in the dead zone. After I set it to 10%....gone....I adjusted the rotation to 240 Degrees to better match my driving style.
Great job, thanks:D.

Logitech Profiler:

Steering Wheel Settings:
Degrees of Rotation 315°

Game Settings:

In-Game:
Advanced Wheel Settings:
Steering Deadzone - 0%
Steering Saturation - 5%
Steering Linerity - 0%
Throttle Deadzone - 0%
Throttle Saturation - 0%
Break Deadzone - 0%
Break Saturation - 0%

Force Feedback Options:
Feedback - On
Environmental Effects - 20%
Feedback Strength - 100%
Wheel Weight - 100%

Driving Controls:
Override Input Device Type - Steering Wheel

Logitech Profiler:

Steering Wheel Settings:
Degrees of Rotation 315°

Game Settings:

As was mentioned before.
Settings spring and dampers to anything other and 0 will destroy the feedback from the game.
They are overrides.

Centering spring should also ALWAYS be at 0 and unticked.
Otherwise you are overriding the games FF and destroying the feeling.

The setup I suggested is the tried and tested one from members of iRacing, netKar-pro, rFactor and Richard Burns Rally and is the optimal setting for the G25 and G27 for ALL racing games.

At the end of the day set to whatever you like I guess but remember settings any value other than 0 in the profiler for spring, damper and centering spring will act against the games FF because they are overrides, as I said earlier it's like forcing vsync or AA in the graphics card control panel.
Always best to let game have full control to set it's own values.

Mark.

tried to download Marks file too, coming up invalid file id....weird. Do we need that file or not?

Also are these settings for Global settings or do we set up a 'Game Profile' on the profiler?

And i'm sure this has been asked before, but the settings keep reverting back to keyboard, upon restart of game,
i read somewhere you use the H shifter Dpad buttons to get through start menu, but I don't have it, can't we map
the start key on the wheel so we don't have to keep changing settings.

Cheers

The file fixes the environment effects in the game.(file isn't mine, just found it and sharing the link.)

Yea the settings are to be used as global settings as they are the best settings for all racing games.(apart from rotation)
If you want you can create a profile for this game due to the fact that the rotation is set to only 315, whereas most other games it will be different.
In iRacing and netKar you set the profiler to 900 and then the game limits it itself depending on what car you are driving.
So you can leave global at 900 and then any other game that requires setting a specific rotation you can create a new profile for that.
All other settings can remain the same though for all profiles, just change rotation.

Yea you can remap the shifter start button to the wheel.
Is your shifter broken? If you have that you can leave the start button alone and map the dpad 4 directions to the bottom 4 buttons on the wheel, so you can change fuel mix and tyres during race without taking your hands off the wheel.

Mark,

Getting Invalid File ID when I follow your link to the download for fixing the vibration on G27. Can you provide the file another way / fix the link.

Thanks

Profiler..
rotation 315
strength 107%

(the 107% strength setting was found be an iRacing member to be the perfect setting to reduce the light feeling at the center in logitech wheels. Any higher and you get unwanted oscillation, any lower and you get lightness at the center.)

(download this file to fix awful vibration error on wheel.. http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=5708

Ingame..
environment 20%
weight 30%

set controller type to g27 and leave all advanced controls like linearity and saturation as they are at 0
If you need to remap the dpad controls from the shifter to the remaining red buttons on the wheel it will set profile to custom, so then you need to put override type to steering wheel.

(setting linearity and saturation to anything higher than 0 will ruin setup. They are more designed for pads or if you can't change wheel rotation. All wheels should be setup to be linear, and 0 gives linearity in f1 2011.)

Hope this helps.

I've tried every one of the profile and in-game settings in this thread and still the G27 wheel is being yanked from my hands to the left or the right. I'm trying to get this game going on my PC but I think I'll give up unless someone can help me and I'll go back to racing it on the PS3. The trouble with the PS3 version is the colours are garish and, overall, the graphics are poorer. F1 2010 was more fun even though the AI was junk.

Every one has diferent settings and problems now, it's a big mystery and we all have different PC's.

I have no problems with the FFB, it's not as good as Race07 but allot better than 2010 and Shift2.

Very direct, no lag or deadzone and full 300 degrees FFB.

Profiler..
rotation 315
strength 107%

Ingame..
environment 20%
weight 30%

Hope this helps.

Just so as you know, these settings are working out nicely for me. I will admit, ive decreased the Profiler rotation to 280 - apart from that, its as above.
Its taking a while to adjust to having to turn more than the 200 im used to, but that extra turning is helping to give more control and save spins before they happen. Also the wheel FFB reacting properly to the traction of the car is a great help. Nice one.

is there any way of configuring the G27 so that the wheel lock matches the rotation of the onscreen wheel throughout the acceleration window?

if I set it in the profiler software to match at low speed, at high speed, the turning lock is off considerably, and vice versa.

nope. No hardware problem. it works like a charm in F1 2010...Dirt2...Grand Prix Legends. The problem is F1 2011. I have seen others in this thread who are having similar problems...see top of page

Many of us have definitely had the same problem. It's an inversion bug I think with the FFB. I found that setting my degrees of rotation to 187 degrees fixed it, but everyone seems to have different work arounds for it.

Profiler..
rotation 315
strength 107%

Ingame..
environment 20%
weight 30%

Hope this helps.

I'll will give this setup a try this evening, because I'm not satisfied of my own settings. Just one question: do I have to set "allow game to adjust settings" or not?

Thanks!

@buzz
If it's working in other games I don't know. Myself and 2 mates have G27's and another mate has a G25 and we have no issues whatsoever so I'm not sure it can be the game, unless there is a difference between versions, as in EU or US versions. We all have the steam version. If it's not a version issue then I think something else is at play here.
Check all drivers, all windows updates and try with/without rapture sound. If you are using rapture sound try drivers that came with the game and then try the updates drivers on the codies forum here...

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...w-rapture-drivers-now-available-2-4-11-a.html

@paul
Glad it worked for you.

@Surebrec
315 is as good as it get's i think. Seeing that codies change the steering angle for some tracks, like monaco for example and seeing that I think a form of speed sensitive steering is used, it can drift at higher speeds. This is what you get when they try to mix arcade and sim.

@Renneboog
Yea you can tick allow game to change settings.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 27 54.0%