Logitech G25 Wheel Force Feedback Tweaks

For me this is quite a lot better than the stock settings, making more use of faster hardware with smoother more realistic feedback and effects though the full wheel range. It changes ffb values in the player profile PLR file for the game. I started by changing settings just by feel but also referred to Julien Regnard’s Force Feedback Tweaking Guide. It’s likely to some degree hardware specific so might be of limited interest. But I believe there should be broadly similar results on different rigs.

My system is an Intel Core i7 (3770) 3.4GHz Quad Core, GeForce GTX970, 1680x1050 display with frame rates on max settings averaging maybe 150 most of the time, or twice that in Race 07, but sometimes down a bit below 60 at the start of some races. My wheel is set to 270 degrees rotation in the logitech profiler’s global device settings as well as in specific game settings which is best for steam installations I believe. In-game I have wheel input sensitivity set at 50 percent.

I made versions (the attached text files) with a few small variations for each of the main SimBin games, GTL, GTR2 including the HQ Anniversary version, the Power & Glory Mod and Race 07.

IMPLEMENTATION
The PLR file (something like PlayerName.plr) will be in the game’s userdata folder in the PC’s user documents folder for steam installations or otherwise it should be in the game folder userdata folder. The best way to try it might be to open your current player .plr file in Notepad then copy and replace the relevant section towards the end of the text with the revised values, then save it in the userdata folder with a new name, thereby adding a new player profile that can be selected in the game. For many other wheels the Reverse Effects box in the game's force feedback menu will need be to be unchecked. I would recommend not making any ffb adjustments in the game menu other than the steering force value that feels right for the car being driven. Clicking on or adjusting anything else might restore a default value or values, requiring the the player profile file to be edited again. Actually in Race 07 the extension rcs is used instead of plr so the location will probably be: My Documents/SimBin/RACE 07 Install/UserData/ControlSet/*******.rcs

But for a quick test in GTR2 or Race 07 anyone familiar with the routine could simply paste in these settings:

FFB Effects Level="4"
FFB Gain="1.00000"
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1"
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1"
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.60000"
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.06000"
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000"
FFB steer vibe wave type="0"
FFB steer force average weight="0.10000"
FFB steer force exponent="1.00000"
FFB steer force input max="-11500.00000"
FFB steer force output max="1.70000"
FFB steer force grip weight="0.22000"
FFB steer force grip factor="0.91000"
FFB steer update thresh="0.00000"
FFB steer friction coefficient="-0.08000"
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000"
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.16000"
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000"
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.10000"
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.11000"
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.00000"
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0"
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.03300"
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.50000"
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.20000"
FFB brake vibe slope="0.00000"
FFB brake vibe wave type="0"
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.03300"
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.45000"
FFB rumble strip freq mult="1.00000"
FFB rumble strip wave type="2"
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-0.69000"
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.03300"
FFB jolt magnitude="1.00000"

Attachments

• GTL.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 167
  • GTR2 HQ Anniversary version.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 164
  • GTR2.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 167
  • Power & Glory Mod.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Race 07.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Right Paul ! :roflmao:

Now, for this case, what do you mean by: "everything but the tyre grip, on low or medium all I get is the rumble strips" ?
That you don't feel any FFB but just the vibrations ?

If that's what you mean I just remember that I already experienced it when I changed from G27 to T300RS .... I simply clicked on "Wheel" in the control options in the "Force" tab and this solved the problem.

But there are surely other possibilities too if you have different controllers like T300 wheel with Fanatec pedals for example ....
From time to time, I'm losing all controls for the wheel while pedals are still working ....

Do you use the T300 pedals set ?

EDIT:
If now you tried the settings presented in first post, this might be the problem: T300RS is not a G25
So better have a look in @Shovas thread for a much better FFB. ;)

Last edited:
I don't know the problem and of course solutions for Fanatec wheels but I think that creating a separated thread for this problem should be better to get a possible answer.

I'd have a Fanatec wheel .... I'd never come in this thread to find a solution for my wheel in this case.

I don't see why Fanatec wheels should not be working.

Right Paul ! :roflmao:

Now, for this case, what do you mean by: "everything but the tyre grip, on low or medium all I get is the rumble strips" ?
That you don't feel any FFB but just the vibrations ?

If that's what you mean I just remember that I already experienced it when I changed from G27 to T300RS .... I simply clicked on "Wheel" in the control options in the "Force" tab and this solved the problem.

But there are surely other possibilities too if you have different controllers like T300 wheel with Fanatec pedals for example ....
From time to time, I'm losing all controls for the wheel while pedals are still working ....

Do you use the T300 pedals set ?

EDIT:
If now you tried the settings presented in first post, this might be the problem: T300RS is not a G25
So better have a look in @Shovas thread for a much better FFB. ;)
Im thinking I have some sort of driver issue. When I first played the feedback felt great but from time to time it would dropout, now I have all feedback less the actual tyre grip or what I would call self aligning torque or tyre scrub.. I know I am not far away, it is just frustrating

If you're driving with the latest Thrusmaster driver and this driver has updated rather recently, you'd better get the previous one.
I read other drivers had problems with it.

Now, if you loose FFB strength after some minutes or more time of driving..... maybe your FFB settings are too strong and T300RS have the same kind of bad habit as the T500, overheating
When it happens, you'll loose more and more FFB strength

If you're driving with the latest Thrusmaster driver and this driver has updated rather recently, you'd better get the previous one.
I read other drivers had problems with it.

Now, if you loose FFB strength after some minutes or more time of driving..... maybe your FFB settings are too strong and T300RS have the same kind of bad habit as the T500, overheating
When it happens, you'll loose more and more FFB strength
its funny you say that because I think the issues really started after I tried to update the drivers, the control panel told me that it was a more basic wheel and performed like my old black momo. I deleted and re installed the wheel and now it lacks the actually feedback response but retain all the added effects...
I have the fan running at 100% to try to alleviate that issue.
previous to the driver update the game felt great but occasionally when I left the garage the wheel had no weight. A respawn from the garage wold fix it but it was a lottery as to when it would happen ... so I updated and ended up in this mess.. hahha

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back