Logitech Driving Force GT paddle shifter problem

The problem I have is that the left paddle shifter, assigned to downshift in F1 2011, will either do nothing or downshift 2 gears at once. It seems to happen when more pressure is applied to the button, which is pretty much downshifting for every corner. Obviously it makes driving nearly impossible when you cannot reliably downshift. I know this issue has been alluded to in some other threads but I wanted to make one to see if anyone knows how this might be fixed, short of remapping the button (currently doing), or trying to take the thing apart. Not sure if this is the right forum, but I figured it's a wheel issue, not one really specific to F1 2011.

If the wheel is still under warranty, send it back. If not, then you are looking at having to take the wheel apart and at the very least, use contact cleaner spray to try and clean the contacts for that button. Worse case would be to have to replace it with a button that is the same from a different position in the wheel.

Upvote 0
The switch behind the button is on it´s way to nirvana. In the long run you will need to replace the switch.
The replacement switch you need is a:
Omron B3F-1000 (6x6mm)
There is also a PDF floating around the web that shows how to do it.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, I was able to find the PDF of the procedure for replacing the parts. The instructions are for the for the Driving Force Pro, but it seems that since the DFGT is the next iteration, I should be able to figure out any differences that come it. Now just to find a soldering iron I can borrow. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, I was able to find the PDF of the procedure for replacing the parts. The instructions are for the for the Driving Force Pro, but it seems that since the DFGT is the next iteration, I should be able to figure out any differences that come it. Now just to find a soldering iron I can borrow. Thanks!

There is also a way to open up the wheel without prying off the badge at the front. You just need a small phillips head screwdriver and remove all the screws from the backside of the center piece (pages 4-5 in the pdf), if i remember right, this way you don´t even have to remove the wheel rim. It takes a bit more (fiddly) time but the badge won´t be harmed and you have to remove these screws anyway to get to the inside.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back