rF2 LM Prototypes @ Silverstone - Friday 27th March 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Yeah, the fight with you @Simon Christmann was very nice and fair. But at the end the faster driver suceeded. Grats to your second position.

I wanted to drive the Porsche 919 but I had some sound problems with this car so i decided to pick the Lola. It was my first time driving this car and it was great. After some small setup tweaks I felt very comfortable and at the end I reached P3 on starting grid.
The first laps in the race I had a nice battle with Ante but after about six laps my tires were heating up and I couldnt manage them properly. I was just confused because I didnt want to stop in this race. But after a few more laps I accepted that I had to. So I was pitting and switched to the "slick end" tires. That was the trick ;). I was still carefull with the tires because I didnt know whether this compound working better than the other but they were so much better to drive and so I could run till the end with good laptimes.

Hope there are some more races with this car I can join, the physics of this car are already fantastic.
Thx to @Frederic Schornstein for this great creation :thumbsup:

Oh I forgot to comment on this.. I won! :D

LMPs are closer to F1 than GT3s so I found the Lola easier to understand. Early on I figured out the slick end tyre must mean endurance, and since it was a 45-minute race I was satisfied that it would last the whole race without a pitstop. In qualifying I was a bit surprised to see myself in P2 (albeit on the slick tyre). I also stiffened the fast dampers in the last minute, it seemed to help with stability over curbs.

After the start I was under pressure from everybody behind basically, while Simon pulled away. I was starting to wonder where the qualifying pace had gone, when everybody started slowing down or going off, even Simon. His 10 or 15 second lead was truncated in a few laps, and in another 10 laps or so I was 2 laps ahead of everyone else. :O I realised it was probably the tyres, and that the others had to make lengthy pitstops. From there on, I just tried to conserve the engine and brakes just in case, probably having 0,5s per lap in my pocket. Simon was a bit faster and unlapped himself from 2 to 1 lap down. It might have been an interesting race between us if we had started on the same tyres, looking forward to the next Lola race :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back