rF2 LIVE STREAM: Studio 397 GTE @ Interlagos - Fri 10Aug18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
sign me up please
Sign me up please
Sign me up, please. Thank
Porsche 911RSR please
You have all been added to the list! :thumbsup:

Alright, performance wise I am good.... however it's so super hot here at the moment, Thursday is supposed to be 36°C with 27°C at midnight. :confused:
I will see if I get to practice at some point before the race... only hope is that apparently Friday night it will cool down eventually!
Let's hope that it cools down enough by Friday! :whistling: I shall bump you up the list for now; just let me know if you will be unable to make it on the night. :)

That's good to know! Cheers for the heads up @Tero Dahlberg - I shall give this a go! :thumbsup:
Actually it might be a somewhat more complex case. I got interrupted reading the thread at S397 forum and continued just now. Should always read 'till end first!

Anyway, read Marcel's post here for the explanation:
https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ternational-raceway.60767/page-14#post-956187

But I'm still not sure whether the performance impact should be as high as it is (at least in some cases).

Actually it might be a somewhat more complex case. I got interrupted reading the thread at S397 forum and continued just now. Should always read 'till end first!

Anyway, read Marcel's post here for the explanation:
https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ternational-raceway.60767/page-14#post-956187

But I'm still not sure whether the performance impact should be as high as it is (at least in some cases).
It makes sense to me - when rain drops are turned "on" the shader that allows for the rain to be visible on windscreens is enabled, even if it is not raining. This shader is having a performance impact (which is not surprising) simply as a result of it being enabled, because it is has to "anticipate drops hitting the windshield, even if is not raining". The reason for this is that the track might be wet from a previous session and therefore spray will be generated, or it could start raining at any time and the game does not necessarily know when this will be.

However, if rain drops are turned "off" then the shader is disabled. As a result water drops will not be visible on the windscreen, but performance will improve because there is no longer a shader that is constantly checking to see if any rain has made contact with the windows. :geek:

Was my AI for Training. So alone and have vote for fife AI.
Not a problem mate - you are more than welcome to add AI drivers. However, I recommend restarting the weekend before leaving the server (if possible) as this will remove the AI drivers which may not be wanted by other people on the server. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.