rF2 LIVE STREAM : Megane Trophy @ Oulton Park - Saturday 21 Sep 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
REally sorry for causing the touch on first lap. I was careful on the aproach but didnt expect so much slow on that turn. My bad.
Then i wait and i saw the car passing by (if i didnt wait, believe me, i would be away too much far then there where everithing happened).
I cant imagine there were two same cars in the same incident there, and i cannot be racing knowing the names off who is driving. That is absurd.
Sorry ofr the incident, it was not on purpose. go see the replay and you see its a minor touch not a dive bomb or something.
And you can see me waiting too so please dont be unfair.
Congrats to winner and all off the rest.
See you next time

Cool but strange race.
Qualified 4th, at one time around lap 10 I was driving in 1st. Then started having really bad grip so pitted for new tires which costed me a minute so back to P16.

Great track but the cars are so easy to slide.

Thanks everyone! Had good fun and lots of stress when I was leading. Sweating like hell in my VR headset.

It is a pity that I was sanctioned in the lap of thrown with stop & go:thumbsdown: ... finishing 6th was fine but the second position without the sanction was assured:D, congratulations to those who participated, to the podium and see you at the next:);):thumbsup:

thanks for the setup that happened to me, but mine was great:);):thumbsup:

Turns out I'm too good at ACC now, so much so that I forgot that in rF2 you have to un-select the tyres in the pit menu if you don't want to change them... :rolleyes: rookie mistake, lost me almost 50 seconds in the pits.

Also a couple of mistakes here and there which dropped me some seconds, and even handing @Craig Dunkley 10th place on the last turn :geek: but much fun was had, the combo has become one of my favourites, this car sure is underrated :inlove: had battles with @Daniel Nieto, @Balazs Floszmann, @Toi and others, a really enjoyable race despite very little practice right before the event. More events like this one, please! Like @Kresh mentioned, shall we go to "Le Petit Sebring"?

Thank you everyone for filling up a good grid, and congrats to the guys who kept it clean and closed out the podium :thumbsup:

Firstly I must give my apologies to ever driver ...2 reasons, my mic kept cutting out and for being rather annoyed about getting hit on my rear...I had put a lot of practice in, but that is no excuse.

I managed to finish the race, but dare not defend at all because my tires had a flatspot and my wheel was rattling badly.

At the end of the race, a few of you asked if we could race this car again ..yes we certainly can :)

Cograds to the podiums, some great lap times :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and congrads to all the drivers that managed to finish, well done guys :thumbsup:

I hope to see you all next week for a very challenging circuit :D

3b6vun.jpg

:D

Great track but the cars are so easy to slide.

You have to play with a few little things here and there. It'll grip up over a stint as the car comes in. In the future, try dropping the front dampers 1-2 clicks on both bump and rebound and maybe one click more of negative rear camber. It seems to rotate nicely like that and doesn't slide out. Since this car is so rigid, dropping the springs by a click helped as well. The dampers and springs will also make the car a little more forgiving over rumble strips and cresting the hilly corners.

In all the practice I did earlier in the week, 2-3 tanks of fuel worth, not once did the car smoke. By the end, I think I had driven the life out of the engine. I'm familiar with how the rF2 engine.ini files work so whatever parameter I was triggering was causing smoke. Odd thing was no matter how hard I drove it on quicker laps it only smoked when another car got near and not even near enough to cause an aero issue starving the car of cool air. By the end, I think it was just cooked.

The devs really have to fix those goofy cotton ball puffs of smoke whenever the engine gets hot or damaged. At least a blueish haze like it's burning oil.

I'd like to see more realistic, terminal damage and races with 100% damage and no assists. I think it would force more care and consideration for actions vs. consequence just like irl where it's hard to turn off that part of the brain that reels you in, knowing crashing is going to hurt and be expensive.

@Craig Dunkley & everyone
I think we all had forgotten that the Meganes also have an endurance pack that has a bigger fuel tank, 44 liters v 100 liters and faster tyre changes(?). So for a 40 min race there's no need to pit for fuel. I think with that size tank you could drive a bit over an hour.

I start the race from 8th, after a controll lost I woke up on 16th :D.... Came up lap by lap to 4th couldn't catch Mr Gibb :p He didn't make any mistake.
I had a great race! More enjoyable as GT cars. I'm a bit tired of GTs... everywhere GTs and Endurance packs. Sometimes good to drive some different.
Specially the Megane...I love this car, it's teach me recpect the braking and the acceleration!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back