Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thank you for joining us this evening gentlemen. I apologise for the track choice. It was a poor decision on my part as I had faith in running here after the smoothness of the past two events.

But yeah, ended up like this
200w.gif

We'll be taking a break from the F3 car next week and driving this
MP4-4%20F.jpg

Keep an eye out later this evening or early tomorrow for next week's event :)

• Deleted member 177725

Thanks, guys, absolute blast for my first run with you lot! Does anyone have the full replay or perhaps I could get a copy of the stream file as a download? would love to show the sponsors!

it was my first race on RD. Thanks everyone for this event. If made problems for anyone - please accept my apologies, track is difficult
Welcome, and brave choice for a first race! We spent quite a lot of time in close battles, and it was great fun trying to work out how to get past on this circuit :p
For the most part it was really nice to race so close, just aside from the two incidents.

Apologies for the touch in the first race into turn two. I was trying to sneak up on the outside to maybe get a cutback but the gap just closed a little too much (fair enough as I wasn't alongside!). Unfortunately I couldn't quite avoid your rear wheel and it was enough to send us into the barriers :redface:

Race two was almost déjà vu! Again great close racing but then when you spun on the fast right hander I was too close to avoid the inevitable big smash :speechless:;)

Look forward to racing again, next time with a bit more room :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys, absolute blast for my first run with you lot! Does anyone have the full replay or perhaps I could get a copy of the stream file as a download? would love to show the sponsors!
Awesome pace Josh, congrats on surviving to take the well deserved victories :thumbsup:

I'll check my replay to make sure it's caught the whole event, and providing it's all there I'll stick it on my google drive and send you the link...

Congrats mate for your great performance. The full live stream is a few posts above in #85, but honestly this event was really an exception in terms of carnage. Usually you'll get very clean and gentle racing here but I've never driven such an unforgiving track like Pau.

@Josh Martin I heard this was your first race here, it was good to race with you. :thumbsup:

Now comes the ugly side
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/243957777?t=44m09s
Lap 6 top 3 are approaching first backmarker Erik de Jong, you let 2 first guys go past but what about me? Blue flag rule doesn't apply for me apparently.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/243957777?t=53m36s
Lap 13, I had just taken lead of the race only to lose it to @Vyacheslav Potapenko blocking the track with full length of his car, I was about to pass you on left side but you reversed and closed that gap and Josh came from behind and went right and past us, I understand track is difficult crashes happen so I'm fine with it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/243957777?t=54m04s
But what I'm not fine with is what happened on next lap, 2 cars infront of me @Vyacheslav Potapenko & @Bertje ignoring blue flags and crashing me out of the race.

Second Race
Start went well for me even though my head was cut off because HALO wasn't on the car.
giphy.gif

Lap 2, spun out by @Maciej Strzeboński who already apologized. :thumbsup:

Watching through both races on Twitch, I felt @Joseph Wright & Twitch chat knew exactly what I was going through at those moments. :(

My POV

• Deleted member 177725

Awesome pace Josh, congrats on surviving to take the well deserved victories :thumbsup:

I'll check my replay to make sure it's caught the whole event, and be providing it's all there I'll stick it on my google drive and send you the link...

Cheers buddy, very much appreciate that!

But what I'm not fine with is what happened on next lap, 2 cars infront of me @Vyacheslav Potapenko & @Bertje ignoring blue flags and crashing me out of the race.
1000% Agree. Personally when few cars behind me and I see a blue flag it is extremely difficult to understand which car exactly lapping you. When it was a single car - I was always let it go as soon as possible.
But again - my FIRST ever ONLINE circuit race in Sim - a few things (like blue flag) I managed not well - I have to be better on this

Last edited:
1000% Agree. Personally when few cars behind me and I see a blue flag it is extremely difficult to understand which car exactly lapping you. When it was a single car - I was always let it go as soon as possible.
But again - my FIRST ever ONLINE circuit race in Sim - a few things (like blue flag) I managed not well - I have to be better on this
The fact that you knew you were in the wrong place and I've seen you have already apologised a few messages ago so big props. This track is one of the hardest to do you first race on so the next event should be much easier if you get blue flags to move out the way. I would recommend running a relative position app so that you can see what positions the guys around you are and who you should be letting through

Next week's event post is up :)
airPihm.jpg

Celebrating Ayrton Senna's recent birthday, we will be doing a couple of special events in his honour.
We'll be driving the 1988 McLaren MP4/4, created by the highly talented VRC-Modding team, this car is sure to bring a smile to your face. The most successful car in F1 history and last of the turbo cars of the era, to Suzuka, the track in which he claimed his 3 world championships.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.