Live for Speed: Westhill Graphics Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
LFS Update 1.jpg

Live for Speed continues to receive development goodies behind the scenes - as the latest Westhill graphic updates recently revealed show off in impressive style.

Despite a game that is certainly leaning more towards the geriatric side of the scale than fresh and new, Live for Speed continues to be a popular and well regarding racing simulation amongst the sim racing community. With little in the way of development having happened in recently years, many would be forgiven for thinking this golden oldie had been consigned to the scrap heap - those folks would be mistaken!

Having been in development behind the scenes for quite some time, the Live for Speed development team continue to work hard at improving and developing the simulation to more modern standards - not least of which is the graphical overhaul the title is slowly but surely looking to undertake. In recent months, we've seen plenty of preview images from the various racing venues within the software, the most recent of which is the Westhill racetrack - looking resplendent thanks to texture updates that take advantage of the new lighting system, new 3D kerbs and various scenery updates around the track.

Release date for the latest update remains unconfirmed.

Live for Speed is available exclusively to PC.

LFS Update 5.jpg LFS Update 6.jpg LFS Update 7.jpg LFS Update 4.jpg LFS Update 3.jpg LFS Update 2.jpg

Check out the Live for Speed sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest Live for Speed news and discussions.

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
..and there is simply no disputing that RaceRoom is by far the best sim on the market no doubts at all about it none.
I wont go into this "what is the best racing game" because I think such a discussion is pretty counterproductive.
And furthermore then there is so many thing missing in Raceroom that Im even pretty hesitant to call it a sim.
Hehe even so mandatory thing as an integrated display of practice laptimes is missing :laugh::laugh::laugh:
But I agree with you about the graphics and audio and such.:thumbsup:
The main reason I use it as my favorite at the moment is because of the feeling of the car (mainly the tire model).
That was also the reason I left iRacing after 5+ years.:roflmao:

But I admit also that if as example iRacing could manage to create a useable TM instead of that TM joke they have been offering the last 10 years I would be a member (again).
But until then Im solely setting my money on Raceroom and rF2.:whistling::whistling:

Latest: Im close to giving up on this game.:mad:
I tried the BMW formula car and its impossible to shift UP without lifting the throttle.
Normally there could be a problem with fast downshifts - hehe but I have never experienced this with upshifts.:rolleyes:
Its pretty ridiculous because the other 2 free cars have absolutely no problems with this.
So Im giving up for now - eventhough the BMW formula car behaviour is a lot more "instant" than the other 2.
If there isnt a solution for this then there is no reason for me to use money on a licence.:cool:

EDIT: OK it looks like this issue is something very mandatory they are proud of in the LFS forum - so I will uninstall LFS instead of being constantly irritated with it.:cautious:
Hehe back to Raceroom.:laugh:

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/74114-Formula-BMW-is-not-shifting?
Formula BMW is not shifting?
Really? What are you doing in simulator world, if you get annoyed by a realistic gearbox simulation? The car does not have throttle auto-cut, so you have to lift, so you don't burn the clutch.
Go play Racedriver Grid, if that's your kind of 'simulation'

Go play Racedriver Grid, if that's your kind of 'simulation'
Critical posts are for adults - and hostile posts are for children :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
OK it looks like this issue is something very mandatory they are proud of in the LFS forum - so I will uninstall LFS instead of being constantly irritated with it.:cautious:
CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Where comes suddenly Racedriver Grid from?
The nursery?:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back