linking two PC's together to share loading for multiple screens

Hi all, this is actually a question that spans various sims that I do, predominantly flight but also race sims.

Essentially I have minor monitors (10'', 7'' and 5'' LCD) running using HDMI connections that are used to show guages, data etc using the likes of simhub, with my main monitor running the 'view out the front window' of whichever particular sim that I am on at the time.

I am concerned that the extension of the effective desktop needed to run the ancilliary monitors (i.e. effectively a higher resolution) is degrading the potential framerate when things start getting loaded up. I have a 3070 as the main card but a 1060 is alo installed, to which I try and attach as many of the minor monitors as I can.

However I also have a box full of PC parts that could easily be brought together to make a PC (older i5 with 16Gb DDR3 RAM). My question is, is there any way to make two PC's connect up in such a way that the main monitor can be running on the main PC using the 3070, with the rest which have no requirement for high framerates to be displayed using the auxiliary PC.

Whether this is just one PC outputting data to another, or the two PC's linked functionally I obviously have no clue, but having a way to esure that the main PC only has to concentrate on the core game would seem like a logical idea

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Les

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back